PDA

View Full Version : looping a layer and...?

[.Q.]
01-11-2005, 07:57 PM
hi... i dont want to start a new thread.. sio i`m edditing this:
i drew a mask and animated it on a movie layer.. and now i want to move the area of effect.. basicly.. i want to move the movie and leave the mask where it is.. can movie and mask be moved independently?

please say yes :D

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
hey guys.. i`m working on my first BIG proj.. in AE...
i posted erlyer a thread about how to stop the Shatter effect in the middle of the animation, and rotate the camera around.. in the phisics menu.. you can tweak it to stop.

no.. another question wich i bumped my head :)

ho can i loop a layer? i made a com with someting.. that is 3 sec long.. and i want it to loop all over again.. i know i could make a comp ... put 3 layers and offset them ... then precompose or render the data to make it longer.. but isnt there a way of simply looping something?

and second: where was that draw path option..draw a path that a picture or a layer should follow.. thx

i got so many layers.. it becomes frustrating :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shinjipierre
01-11-2005, 08:41 PM
Use the time remap property.

[.Q.]
01-11-2005, 08:51 PM
i wish i knew exactly how to use it.. i can make a clip faster or slower.. but beyond that... the time remap wanst one of my constant tools

tx

deano
01-11-2005, 08:59 PM
I u have keyframes in your layer you can check out the 'loopout' expression. But if u not into expressions, i suggest u render out the main layer and then import it back into the project. Then with the rendered file selected in the project window hit CTRL+F to open the interpret footage dialogue box. At the bottom of the box under other options you will find 'loop { } times'. Type in the number of times you want to loop the clip and render it again...the render will also be faster this time.

Cheers,:thumbsup:

Deano

MaiTai16
01-14-2005, 08:35 PM
Along the lines of looping a layer, I'm trying to get a seamless water loop using the Psunami plugin. Will the process work much the same as described above? Many thanks, Mai.

jussing
01-15-2005, 09:39 PM
']hi... i dont want to start a new thread.. sio i`m edditing this:
i drew a mask and animated it on a movie layer.. and now i want to move the area of effect.. basicly.. i want to move the movie and leave the mask where it is.. can movie and mask be moved independently?

please say yes :D

Not that I know of, but here's what you can do:

Create a white solid above the layer with the mask
Highlight the animated mask from the footage layer
Click ctrl-c (for "copy")
Highlight the white solid
Click ctrl-v (for "insert).
Highlight the mask on the footage layer again.
Click delete.
(now you have moved the masked from the footage layer to a solid white layer on top of it)
Click the track matte button for the footage layer (maybe you need to click "switches/modes" at the bottom of the composition window for this to be visible). "None" is selected, but you shall choose "Luma Matte White Solid" ("Alpha Matte" will also work fine)
Then you have two independent layers - the footage layer whose transparency is being controlled by the animated mask on the white solid.

Cheers,
- Jonas

CGTalk Moderation
01-20-2006, 10:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.