PDA

View Full Version : Bluring only fine details

pixlix2
01-11-2005, 02:34 PM
Hello everyone,

I'm having a problem with a rendered 3d-sequence. Parts of the images contain very fine geometric and texture details which causes flickering in these areas. It looks so-so on a PC-monitor but it's pretty ugly when watched on a PAL-monitor.
Due to time constraints I will probably not have the chance to render the sequences again with better filtering :(
I remember there were some blur plugins for combustion or after effects which could detect areas with detail and preserve them while bluring the rest. Thats not exactly what i want but it goes in the right direction. I need some way to blur only high frequency pixel changes and keep the rest untouched.

Can anyone help me in this matter?
Many thanks

ps: I'm using Combustion, but if you know how you would do it in another application, please answer anyway. Maybe there is a way to apply the same technique in C*.

droidoz
01-11-2005, 04:01 PM
there is a tool for combution built to blur without removing detail, its called Revision FX SmoothKit.
You can find it at http://www.revisionfx.com/smok.htm

I think this is what you are talking about, good luck solving your issue

pixlix2
01-11-2005, 05:40 PM
hey droidoz,

that plugin sounds very promising. I will download the demo and see if it can fix my flickering.

many thanks!

CGTalk Moderation
01-20-2006, 09:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.