PDA

View Full Version : Reversing Animation?

ade90054
01-11-2005, 11:54 AM
Hi, does anybody know of an easy way to reverse an animation so that it plays backwards (oh and I don't mean simply pressing the play backwards button)

Cheers.

Jim.

seven6ty
01-11-2005, 12:39 PM
Ehhhh, I have script where you can input the scale of the keys and the offset value. You could just simply put in negative one for the scale value, and offset it by the number of frames you have. It only works on one object at a time, but let me know if you'd like it. It's just a homemade one I use myself, but I'm also pretty sure you should be able to find more reputable ones with just a bit of searching on highend or google or something.

anthonymcgrath
01-11-2005, 03:15 PM
you can use the edit/scale command in your graph editor. just select the keys in the graph and use that - I've never really had many problems with it tbh :)

ade90054
01-11-2005, 03:17 PM
Thanks guys,

I'll give that a go :)

anthonymcgrath
01-11-2005, 04:09 PM
another good un is to make a character set. save the animation as a clip then you should be able to tweak that clip and quickly speed it up or slow it down. you can even add a time warp and create some mad superspeed running dude that suddenly goes bullettime :D

Iotrez
01-12-2005, 10:55 AM
I think I remember seeing a reverse ainimation tool in Bonus tools.

bananamation
01-25-2005, 02:11 PM
You could also create a new time node ( createNode time; ) and just set a couple of keyframes so it will play backwards. Then select the animated node and go into the "input output connection" of the hypergraph. There you will see the "key-nodes" ( nodes with a little graph-icon connected to the animated node ). Just connect the outTime from the new time node you created into the "key-node" input attribut. Then when you play the animation you will see the animation play backwards.

hope that was understandable!?

Muly
03-24-2005, 12:14 PM
I know this is for Maya but instead of starting a whole new thread i wondered if anyone knew how to do this in XSI?

CGTalk Moderation
03-24-2005, 12:14 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.