PDA

View Full Version : Showreel Sjoerd Jones

Sjoerd
01-11-2005, 12:14 AM
Hey guys,

a while ago I sort of finished my showreel, most of it is compositing.

tell me what you think,

http://www.blissbooks.nl/users/sjoerd/boekenlegger/sjoerdjones_showreel.mov

Sjoerd
01-23-2005, 10:38 PM
no critics???

toto poto
01-25-2005, 06:35 AM
hi sjoerd
sorry for replying so late. i think that your reel has excellent style :thumbsup: . nice choice of music. are these original trailers or did you use found-footage to show off your skills ? the typographics are very well done, too. great showreel :)
regards
thorben

Sjoerd
01-25-2005, 09:36 AM
I didn't use anything from trailers, I had a internship at television station where I got the chance to design most of the elements in my showreel, a few of them have been on television.

What part did you not like, or what looked messy. I know that my ending needs te be redone. I am very curious....

iainbanks
04-27-2005, 11:36 AM
Hey sjoerd i think it looks fantastic. Really like the 12 monkeys one and the scarface one. Nice soundtrack too. What song is that you're using?

droidoz
04-27-2005, 01:07 PM
Hey Sjoerd, that a good reel, i've actually seen some of your work on tv. I dont think anything is unclear or messy, it seems good as it is.

I presume you're still in school (probably HBO), may I ask which one? (hku, nfta, etc.)

PixelTales
05-05-2005, 03:40 PM
Great stuff, very well done. The only critique that I have is that it is a little hard to read your name in the opening shot, and don't forget to add your contact info somewhere in there. If you are going to be sending this out you want to give your potential employers every opportunity to get a hold of you. Keep up the good work

CGTalk Moderation
05-05-2005, 03:40 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.