PDA

View Full Version : Well, I Tried

Mana Trance
01-10-2005, 11:49 PM
This is an entry for an art contest. It's of a character from a pseudo-RPG called "Well, I Tried."

And it's also very unfinished.

However, as my eyes have gotten too used to the picture by now, I need a fresh look and a critique....any and all help is welcome!

Oh, and as this is my first post on these forums, hello. =)

http://darklance.optecs.net/art/wit1.jpg

PixelPlay
01-15-2005, 01:19 PM
So far it seems well drawn. I would like to see the arms and hands. If we are not meant to see them then where are they and what are they doing? Also, the image looks flat on my screen. Maybe a little more color contrast, boost the highlights and darken the background.

And welcome to the forum! :)

mhunt
01-15-2005, 02:13 PM
good coloring and overall look, I only notice some problems in the proportions, specially the upper leg.

Ognus
01-15-2005, 04:37 PM
Its not that well drawn, but ithe coloring is coming along quite nicely. I really like the coloring. I think the femur bone in her leg is way to long and bulky. That femur could go well on a character twice her size.
I would try and work on her legs, and since you have chosen to hide the hands and arms, give her some kind of detail such as swords criss crossing behind her to make her seem deadly. Considering this is for an RPG, try and make her seem as interesting as possible. Give her quirks and small details that will make people love to "be" her. I dont know how many little RPG chracters have not made it on to my "fighting team" because they were simply too boring. I would put an interesting character on my team over stats and everything.

Mana Trance
01-16-2005, 01:23 AM
OK, three days after posting the original (newcomer, so they take 72 hours to moderate and post my first 5 posts, which is why it took so long), I've made up this second version.

Because the contest deadline is tonight (January 15th), I've submitted this.

Unfortunately, after resizing it for submission, I accidentally saved over the old version, so any new versions will require extensive modification in order to not look bizarre (brush shapes being what they are).

Ah well, let me know if this is any better:

http://darklance.optecs.net/art/wit.jpg

CGTalk Moderation
01-20-2006, 10:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.