PDA

View Full Version : Friendsggraph 2005 (March)

kurv
01-10-2005, 10:39 PM
We are planning a trip to Vegas wanna come!!

Friendsggraph will be from March 20th – 24th with a day of training on March 23rd.

What is Friendsggraph?

Friendsggraph was made to be a time for LightWave friends to hang out and have a great time. Since were all over the country, from Canada, Florida, LA to Seattle we though… why not meet some place fun. A place that you can travel to relatively cheap.

VEGAS!!!

We (most of us) will be arriving on March 20th and that night the group, or as many of you as you like will have dinner at a place to be determined.

Monday is a day for fun, hanging out in Vegas and such. We are planning events for the evenings as a group like shows and such.

Tuesday is also a day of fun in Vegas as well. We are working on discounts on group activities for these two days. Tuesday night, we are planning a reception party. The cost of admission will be free but drinks and food are on you.

Wednesday, will be the day of training from 8 till whenever. The room closes at 5 but we can take things to a restaurant and take the Q&A their. We are still working on topics to cover but they will be advanced in nature.

The day of training will be 99.95 if you sign up between our official launch date and Feb 20th. From Feb 20th till March 5th, the price is 149.95. After that it is the door price of 179.95.

We are looking at some VERY nice hotels in Vegas and the prices we are getting for your rooms range from 75-109 per night. These are for nice hotels on the strip.

The next part of this is to try to get group discounts on food if you guys are interested in eating as a group and saving some money.

More to come!!

kurv
01-10-2005, 10:42 PM
What topics would you like us to cover in the training. We currently have three people doing the training. We will announce their names very soon once we get the hotel paper work finalized and lock in the dates (pay deposits and such).

But all three people doing the training are authors, very well known, have past experience, and work professionally with LightWave and Photoshop!

What do you want to see..?

Let us know!

sensai2nd
01-10-2005, 10:54 PM
This looks too cool! By any chance, would we be able to play with TAFA?!?

Peace.

kurv
01-11-2005, 01:54 AM
This looks too cool! By any chance, would we be able to play with TAFA?!?

Peace.
I think that can swing that...

F3D
01-11-2005, 03:32 AM
ack :(
I loooove vegas!! not gonna go to the states for a good while doh..damn it! :(
we could go to Little Darlings......and of course talk about that 3d program..erm..lightwave was it? :)
have fun!! :) :(

kurv
01-11-2005, 02:35 PM
ack :(
I loooove vegas!! not gonna go to the states for a good while doh..damn it! :(
we could go to Little Darlings......and of course talk about that 3d program..erm..lightwave was it? :)
have fun!! :) :(
Little Darlings... sounds like a quiet place.

Info:
I will have more info today but I think were basically done with the hotel and meeting space reservations.

Your options will be...

1. Come out for Friendsggraph to meet other VFX artists and have a great time in Vegas, arrival date, March 20th. The 20th - 22nd are fun days with a party for the group on the night of the 22nd. Training on the 23rd, all day.

2. come out for the training only. Arrive on the 22nd, go to the reception party and then the training on the 23rd... sleep and leave. Cheaper but you miss the Vegas fun!
The meeting will be in the hotel so technically you will never have to leave the hotel if you choose option 2. We hopped this will save folks money. But we hope that saving you money would enable most of you to be able to hang out with us Sunday through Tues.

More to come!!

kurv
01-12-2005, 06:36 PM
Okay, we booked the hotel and meeting space!

We will be staying at the Luxor Hotel and Resort. Rooms will be available from March 20th - 24th. The training will be on the 23rd as we said earlier.

We will have a web site up very soon fro you to book your stay and reservation.

There will be a reception party on the 22nd.

The room rate is 79.00 per room, plus tax or $86.11 per room. We hope that you will come out for the full 4 days, but you can come out on the 22nd - 24th if you like.

We will have 4 instructors and we will release that info and topics very soon but I will tell you it is more than worth the 99.95 price tag.

More to come!!

-NG-
01-12-2005, 09:34 PM
Sounds like fun! To bad that i don't live in the states :(

SplineGod
01-12-2005, 09:50 PM
Count me in ;)

Steve Warner
01-13-2005, 04:56 AM
Well, if Larry's in, I'm in too! ;)

SplineGod
01-13-2005, 05:35 AM
Well if Steves in I...um...well...yea me too ;)

Josef
01-13-2005, 04:16 PM
Sounds like fun! To bad that i don't live in the states :(

Wes, you can count me in too! ;)

hey -NG-
come on - I don't live there too, I come from Germany to Vegas - it's a great thing too meet the elite there! (it's only a 18 hour flight for me :cry: )

greetings from Duisburg

Joerg "JJ" Jung

MattClary
01-13-2005, 04:39 PM
Man, I am soooooo jealous. I wish I could go. :sad:

-NG-
01-13-2005, 04:53 PM
Wes, you can count me in too! ;)

hey -NG-
come on - I don't live there too, I come from Germany to Vegas - it's a great thing too meet the elite there! (it's only a 18 hour flight for me :cry: )

greetings from Duisburg

Joerg "JJ" Jung

I live in holland so should be a 18 hour flight to, but that's not the problem $$$ and getting free days at my work are :( Otherwise i would have gone :)

kurv
01-13-2005, 09:57 PM
Man, I am soooooo jealous. I wish I could go. :sad:

Matt, you gotta come out man, anyone who had the LW logo on their arm... needs to be there.

-NG- whish you could come out... we will post pictures!! Thank you!!

leigh
01-14-2005, 02:02 AM
Mmm Vegas...

kurv
01-21-2005, 04:14 AM
It will be fun Leigh... email me please :)

Wanted to post and give you guys the final instructor list for the training.

Jennifer Hachigian, Dave Jerrard, Steve Warner, Larry Shultz.

Find more information here www.kurvstudios.com/friendsggraph (http://www.kurvstudios.com/friendsggraph)

jorust
01-21-2005, 08:54 AM
:bounce:
This sound so great!
Have fun...

kurv
02-01-2005, 04:00 PM
Folks just making sure you know at Feb 18th the price for the training will go up and we will probably be out of Hotel rooms (Luxor). Please at least reserve your training space now as we do have limited space...

Please post any questions here...

HowardM
02-01-2005, 06:06 PM
Sounds like fun!
Bummed Im not going to be able to make it! :sad:

CGTalk Moderation
02-01-2006, 07:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.