PDA

View Full Version : sequential naming and workflow

tymznd
01-10-2005, 10:32 PM
Hi, I am relatively new to shake.... I am rendering animation out of maya and have a newbie workflow question.

In maya, I am say rendering out an animation that is frame 225-500... and so my sequential images are image.225-500#.iff Which in shake are now frames 1-275.

I have my shake script done (which has many layers / fileIn nodes) and have attached a fileOut node..... How can I tell shake to name the render files just like they were when read in?....image.0225-0500.iff

I know that you can shift the files in the timeline but this workflow would mean adjusting ALL of the fileIn nodes, right?.... and instead all I want to do is change the sequence naming on the way out. make sense??

nrgy
01-11-2005, 01:24 AM
One option you could do is simply render out the sequence and then use either a program or shell script to rename the files. You also could render out the sequence, import that back into shake and then move it in the time view panel to the correct start frame number and rerender out. Either of those options would work.

Hugh
01-11-2005, 08:23 AM
If you want to render out with an offset in the frame numbers, change the bit in the FileOut node that says:

file.####.tif

to:

file.####+254.tif

Then, when rendering out frame 1, it will call it 255, 2 will be called 256, etc...

The other option (for future reference) is to, when you create your FileIn nodes, select "seq. start" as the placement. This will mean that a file called "file.255.tif" will start from frame 255 of the comp, and not frame 1. Then just set the range of the comp to be from 255-500.

tymznd
01-12-2005, 12:38 AM
file.####+254.tif..... cool... thanks

CGTalk Moderation
01-20-2006, 09:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.