PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion about how to proceed...

ZaKKoS
01-10-2005, 10:10 PM
I have a part of a model that is pretty circular (well not completely but it's curved). it needs some inner modelling like grooves and holes. My question(s) is/are:

1) is better that i do all the things it needs before bending it or i should give it the overall shape and then add the "details"?

2) if it's better to bend it later what is the best method to do it stating that the thing i have to bend is basically a "thick plane", a rectangular box?

thank you for any answer and sorry for my bad english ^^

ZaKKoS
01-10-2005, 10:14 PM
I forgot to say that i'm using lightwave 7 to do the model but i think that this question fit better in this section as it is a general modelling issue i think...if i'm wrong i will re-post this into the lightwave section.

consumer12002
01-15-2005, 11:34 AM
Bend it first, do the detail later. If you do the details and bend it, some of the details will be so distorted you can't tell what's going on to fix it. So bend it first.

Are you rigging it to animate? If you are don't bend it. Deal with the distortion later.

eric_bit
01-15-2005, 02:37 PM
Bend it first, do the detail later. If you do the details and bend it, some of the details will be so distorted you can't tell what's going on to fix it. So bend it first.

Are you rigging it to animate? If you are don't bend it. Deal with the distortion later.

yes,bend first will be good!

xtrudeh
01-15-2005, 08:58 PM
First gain the overall form, shape, then add your details :)

ZaKKoS
01-16-2005, 11:16 PM
Thanks you all guys! i've seen your replies only now so sorry if I have not said thanks before. I've received same responses in the LW section and i've added some images if you wanna take a look this is the thread:
http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=201565

CGTalk Moderation
01-20-2006, 09:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.