PDA

View Full Version : Concept art for short film

MathieuBertrand
01-10-2005, 03:05 AM
http://www.pheonix3.net/sadspike.jpg

Tell me what you think

Eternally Mine
01-11-2005, 05:45 AM
Hm are those some type of vegetation poking out from oyur character or sharper?
Overall I think its a good start but reminds me of sashquath (however its spelled).
Please give me more detail on what you are invisioning for your character.:)

MathieuBertrand
01-11-2005, 06:26 AM
Their suppose to be sharper like metal blades.I think I should go with actual spikes or horns comming out of its body.
Although, I like the look that these uneven protrusions give the character.
The character is suppose to look sad, tired and in pain because he always carries these heavy spikes that are transpersing his flesh.

edit*
little update

ThomasKl
01-11-2005, 08:24 AM
well, i like the concept behind it, but i think you shouldn`t scatter these dagger-like spikes over his whole body...Think of yourself, how it would be, if they were everywhere. Nearly every movement would be impossible. I think the spikes could be at the shoulders, neck, forearms and lower legs....So, that the character can still move properly....and it would look really weird....and your character would still keep shape and wouldnt`t look like Chewbaka...(however he is spelled...)

just an idea,

Regards,
Thomas

MathieuBertrand
01-11-2005, 03:28 PM
Thanks for your advice ThomasKl I have taken them into account and made some changes on the character. I will update it soon.
By the way hes suppose to have an ape like feeling to him...

CGTalk Moderation
01-20-2006, 10:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.