PDA

View Full Version : 1st tablet art

Triarii
01-09-2005, 06:33 PM
Hello, This is my first artwork done on my new tablet, more as an exercise to get used to the function more than anything. C&C is welcomed.

Also if anyone knows of a good tutorial for eyes i would be greatful as mine always look either too wide or far too sleepy.

http://server2.uploadit.org/files/ticilli-Tablet.jpg

Triarii
01-11-2005, 04:07 PM
75 views and no replies...

if i was brave enough to post it you can be brave enough to tell me whats wrong with it.

NOOB!
01-11-2005, 04:11 PM
yeh no one replies to my stuff either.

colour wise,i think u need to look at colour theory and how the light hits the face etc,u seem to only use one colour,the face is built up of many colors.

drawing wise,i think parts of the head are off the area from the eye to the ear seems too large.

hope that helped.

keep posting.

oh and never use white as a highlight.

tttia
01-11-2005, 05:44 PM
I like the shirt...good work on the folds etc..though the whole texture seems too smooth.

On the neck, the tendons etc. are not well defined..or I guess they just don't look natural. It almost looks like you have two large tendons right next to each other.

The lips seem to need more highlighting to give a rounded effect...I know I do the same thing! And the kind of points at the end of the top lip seem a bit odd.

I am still trying to figure out facial tones myself, so can't help ya there, but it is needed in this piece.

Overall though it is pretty good, especially given you are just getting started with the tablet.

Triarii
01-11-2005, 06:30 PM
Thank you both, atleast i'll know what to shoot for in my next work. About the smoothness, i didn't know whether to use the blenders, or do it with a brush, to give it texture. I used blenders, guess i was wrong huh.

This one wont be updated but look out for my next one please :)

CGTalk Moderation
01-20-2006, 10:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.