PDA

View Full Version : Blendshapes + joints selection !

sojacalcium
01-09-2005, 02:39 PM
hi

i have an animation which needs to be retimed. The animation consists of joints moving and keys on various blenshapes. So i need to select all the curves corresponding to them in order to move them, and this is where i'm having trouble : i can't figure a way to select both blendshapes and anything else, as the only way i see to select blenshapes is to do it through the blendshapes editor, which doesn't let you shift-select your blendshapes nodes...

any help welcomed !

Morganism
01-09-2005, 09:03 PM
Check out the Dope Sheet.
You can turn on View>Scene Summary (or something like that) and it will show you all the keys in the scene, which you can then select and scale.

If you're just looking for another way to select blendshapes, you can look at the node in the hypergraph. If you select the mesh that has the skin and the blendshapes applied to it, and then press the graph input output connections button at the top of the hypergraph, then you will see all the joints and blendshapes as nodes which you can then shift select.

Or you can do it in mel, select what you need separately and look in the script editor, and then copy and paste the two selections into a script.

And there's probably a hundred other ways to do it, too.

sojacalcium
01-10-2005, 10:02 AM
thanks a lot

Arcon
01-10-2005, 07:53 PM
..quick question... did you key additional animation over the top of your rigged blendshapes...? if the blends were rigged with SDK and/or expressions their keys wouldn't need scaling if the animation is re-timed.

CGTalk Moderation
01-20-2006, 09:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.