PDA

View Full Version : adobe premiere vs after effects

kyrt
01-09-2005, 07:10 AM
wht are their differences? and for editing, which is better?
ty...

MystikGotan
01-09-2005, 10:59 AM
Adobe Premiere and After FX are totally different programs.

Adobe Premiere is for editing (montage) to get your movie cut. After FX is to add some cool effects in your movie, as simple as that.

Gotan

kyrt
01-09-2005, 03:06 PM
wht u meant by cool effects? any example?

Kuffi
01-09-2005, 04:07 PM
Well, there are much more options to edit one video clip captured from your camera. For example there's one effect called "Glow" which gives a special "glow effect" to your clip and it's pretty much seen in MTV programs. Of course there's much more than premade effects. Let's say it's a kind of supplement of Adobe Premiere to make individual clips look better.

You edit them in After Effects and then do the rest in Premiere.

Integrity
01-09-2005, 06:56 PM
If you were to look at Premiere and concentrate only on applying video effects on a clip...then that's what After Effects is for.

This is one of those things where I think both programs should be one. Not only that but throw in Audition as well. Then you've got the best NLE out there.

The only major..not really difference, but I'm at lack of words here...is that Premiere let's you edit sound. If After Effects had better sound editing it would be the only program I would use for video editing.

CGTalk Moderation
01-20-2006, 09:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.