PDA

View Full Version : Train Animation

Meny
01-09-2005, 05:30 AM
Hello everyone,

It's an old scene i did last year but got to animate it just now.
Created with Max, Photoshop and AfterFX.
Rendered with scanline and took aprox. 5 minutes per frame.

Hope you like it...

>>>Don't forget the sound!<<<

http://www.themeny.com/temp/train_anim/train_anim.htm

http://www.themeny.com/1024/galleries/3d/pics/3d_image06.jpg

mathewsmmn
01-09-2005, 07:32 AM
Very nice work

laber
01-09-2005, 04:45 PM
enjoyed it alot! very nice

avim disign
01-09-2005, 07:15 PM
nice man
i don't know thet there are modelists in israel:)

Rio Yeti
01-09-2005, 11:21 PM
Hey. I don't usually comment on photorealistic work because I either don't see what to comment, or it doesn't really interest me.

Anyway in your case, since I have spotted something which I think is wrong, and if you corrected it, it would improve the work to near perfection (for a photorealistic work), i will comment.

On the wheels+"the metal bar over them that makes them go into motion" (sorry forgot the name in english...) there is no motion blur at all, which makes it flicker in a way no camera (digital or film) could film that. I think if you added motion blur to those, both the motion will look real and also the use of a camera (what's the point of doing a photorealistic piece, if you can tell the camera is virtual ?).

Other than that, everything seems to work fine.

jussing
01-09-2005, 11:26 PM
Wauw, really beatiful, and very detailed!

Five minutes per frame sounds awfully fast with all that detail - what is your lighting setup, if I may ask?

Cheers,
- Jonas

DigitalCrystal
01-11-2005, 05:14 AM
The render is very nice for the default scanline. My only crit on this piece is that the motion blur that you are using seems to be set up too high, either that or the shutter speed is off. As the shadows pass the body of the train, it seems to blur the image a little longer than it should. Another thing is that trains of that length usually have a few engines attached to the front, instead of just one.

Other than that, great model, and the color is very nice. I like the back drop you have with the large electrical towers; it really gives some nice parallax motion, really adds some depth..

HenningK
01-12-2005, 08:18 AM
Its a train moving alright.
The background is awesome.
I dont think the underside of the train is in enough shadow... its all lit up down there.
-hen

zman
01-17-2005, 10:39 PM
very nice man as allwais

allready told ya my comments :)
i think if u find it within you to leave the comp overnights or something to render with a better (slower) motion blur, it would make a big difference !

CGTalk Moderation
01-20-2006, 09:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.