PDA

View Full Version : birth of tornado effect.. how?

saajjj
09-06-2002, 09:38 AM
hey.. i'm trying to make the formation of a tornado. What i want to do is to have normal clouds.. n then a part of it drops down in a conical form... which is twisting.. and the clouds should all gravitate towards it vortex type thing.. hmm... i guess i'll use a vortex attractor hehe. but with particle systems it would be too ages to render. is there any run around i.e. with gemoetry objects and texturing and deformin cones.. or using a cone deformer or a cloud type geometry object.. aaa.. i just can't understand it.
anyone have any ideas?
thanks
sajjad

p.s. i work in softimage|xsi :D

sean_G
09-06-2002, 02:56 PM
why not just emit some particles from a non-rendering mesh with cyclonic deformations... and some ground spray particles, and objects for sand and rock spray etc etc

you may try rigging both the ground spray and cyclone mesh with the same NULL along a SPLINE ... and add a nice randomize or noise deformer to the object

with a little tweaking VOILA

oh yeah a miasmic-vortex of clouds being sucked into and spit out of the top of the tornado along with lauched debris might improve realism

'luck

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 03:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.