PDA

View Full Version : Deep Paint 3D

Kaiser_Sose
09-06-2002, 10:00 AM
I just wanted to hear peoples words on Deep Paint 3D for LW or the Standalone version

WHich version do you have and does it do its job or is Photoshop enough

wgreenlee1
09-06-2002, 10:09 AM
Unless youre gonna be using this for high paid commercial work Photoshop or Paint shop Pro even will get you by.
It comes to what you are going to be using it for and personal preferance.:wavey:

CIM
09-06-2002, 10:55 AM
Deep Paint 3D isn't all it's cracked up to be. You can do everything with Photoshop just fine. There are only a few actual advantages of Deep Paint 3D, which usually don't pop up very often.

Try it. See if it's for you.

Notepad
09-06-2002, 04:13 PM
I've heard quite a few things about it. I have a copy myself, but haven't had much time to crack down on it until recently. Gonna hafta start producing some LW goodness now. ;)

Neil_Campbell
09-06-2002, 06:25 PM
DP3D is a pretty powerful tool, but it's not an idiot-proof seamless texturing tool. You've still got to make sure you paint at sensible angles to the geometry to get the textures to blend nicely.

Personally I don't like it's workflow, or the limited number of layers it has compared to Photoshop (although it can link PS into the workflow) - but I know people who swear by it, and really rate the 3D view you get out of it.

Regarding UV unwrapping, I don't see what benefit DP3D and Deep UV give - LW's native UV tools and Atlas mapping are more than man enough for any job I've done.

Kaiser_Sose
09-08-2002, 12:45 PM
Can anyone get DP to work with PS 7 ... it seems the plugin does not support the latest photoshop version for exporting

From reading the DP boards it seems they have not put out a LW plugin that works for 7.5 ... anyone can get them to work together

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 04:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.