PDA

View Full Version : Beauty girl (mild nudity)

Grugi
01-08-2005, 05:00 PM
(Edit) Sorry I had to remove the picture because the reference photo is copyright protected. I didnt knew this before , too bad :/

Grugi
01-08-2005, 10:02 PM
Some people noticed that the mouth is a tad bit too far to the left. I will try to fix that.
Please let me know if there is something you like or dont like.

(Edit: Fixed that area .. see picture above)

thx

LynX88
01-09-2005, 07:29 AM
Looks pretty nice, especially the face. :) However, i see a couple of things that need fixing:

1) Her body looks strange, almost a flat plane
2) her buttocks look strange as well, the left buttock should be more rounded

Grugi
01-09-2005, 03:53 PM
Thx Lynx. Yes I agree. The whole body looks very flat, I put most of the work into the face and should spend more time for the body now. I will post updates as soon it progresses.

-Grugi

Grugi
01-10-2005, 06:27 PM
Small update. Working on the body now. I painted more values in and tried to round the butt more and changed the proportions a tiny bit..

Ramteen
01-10-2005, 10:05 PM
First of all , sorry for my bad english .
hey It is so really cool . I love it and I know that U putting pain to doing this job .
Can u answer one of my questions ?
I would like to know , Has it any simple sketch for base on the paper or somthing like that ?
I will so happy if u answer my question . This anatomy is so nice .
Good luck :thumbsup:

Grugi
01-10-2005, 10:26 PM
Ramtin_moom: Thanks for your comment. Your english is ok, so no need to excuse ;)

I started this picture right away in photoshop, blocked in the major forms with big blobs (circles) and simple cylinders. I try to work as rough as I can in the beginning stage so if I need to change something it wont be that hard.

After the basic lighting was added I loaded the picture into Painter, blending colours is much more easier than in Photoshop. So I use Photoshop for rough painting or if I have to make big changes and then finetune in Painter for smoother results.

thx again, Im glad you like the painting so far :)

greets

Grugi

Ramteen
01-10-2005, 10:43 PM
Oh thanks for ur answer grugi . I wondering for ur art . I set this image as my desktop back ground . because I am a anatomy painter on the paper . but in the comrputer I choosed 3d Graphic . Now I love 2d painting on the 2d enviroments cuz of this image . I am so avid to see final of this image .
Good luck My friend Grugi . :) :thumbsup:

jmBoekestein
01-11-2005, 01:18 AM
Hi,

I don't mean to nitpick, but I think the chin is either too large or too much to the left. When you took the mouth to the right maybe you forgot moving the chin? Very good painting imo, realistic. I wish I could do that.

Grugi
01-11-2005, 02:48 AM
Ramtin_moom; I also do mainly 3d graphics, rarely do 2d paintings. Sometimes I draw with friends over OpenCanvas1.1 just for fun or paint some sketches with my good old pencil.I also do some sculping with waterbased clay/sculpey etc.
Its always good to try different things in art, it makes you better in the next medium :)

jmBoekestein: Oh yes, youre right.Thx for this.I already fixed that as you can see in my avatar.

I will post updates the next day(s)

Mysterious X
01-11-2005, 12:23 PM
i like it..so far so good..my crit is this:
the space between the butt and the shoulders should increase..don't you think ? i mean she's too short somehow :wise:
keep it up

Grugi
01-11-2005, 03:09 PM
Mysterious X: Yes she looks a bit short.. but I think that this has more to do with the perspektive. She looks rather short on the reference pic too,space between shoulder and the butt is the same as in the original picture.. maybe its the shading in the body/buttarea i need to improve, so with more depth I hope it doesnt look strange anymore.
However I try to keep this in my mind. Thx

Grugi
01-11-2005, 08:37 PM
I will stay away from this picture for a while, I have to see it with fresh eyes. The painting just dont work right now. Im not really happy with it so far.
Thanks very much for all your comments so far, it helps a lot :)

Grugi
01-12-2005, 04:20 PM
In the meantime I will try to paint more portraits, so I change the threads name now to Female Beauties and will start a little series. After some while I will then go back to the image on the top.

odstone
01-13-2005, 04:31 PM
First off everything seem so flat. the face, arm, hip, bum, hip and leg... there is a small change in the gray...but not enough to round the body out.. I think that is why the form looks so unconfortable or un-natural..

next just a sugestion.
instead of having everthing in such a visible light... have her back end melt into a black backgroung ... give the effect of a fading light.

but then again
what do I know.
Great Job.

Alice
01-16-2005, 04:41 PM
Hi there,

I use a photo as reference, I dont know who the copyright holder is so I dont want to post the ref-pic.

Oh, please do.
The anatomy seems somewhat weird on her whole back, maybe thats just the referencematerial?

Grugi
01-16-2005, 05:18 PM
Yes it looks quite strange on the reference pic too. But it looks even more strange in my painting :/. Im afraid the measurements I did in the beginning were not accurate enough. There is a lot of perspective in ths picture and lots of body twisting. Even tiny differents to the original let the image just dont work.

Im really a beginner in painting,my first serious try doing a portrait ever. I think it was foolish to try to copy such a difficult pose.

Im thinking of deleting the whole body and just continue working on the face so I dont need to throw away the whole picture.

Im actually trying to paint another portrait with less perspective and not a full body shot. I hope it will show some improvements, I will post pictures soon.

And sorry I dont have the rights to show the reference photo.

Alice
01-16-2005, 08:37 PM
And sorry I dont have the rights to show the reference photo.

If you dont have the rights to show the photo then you dont have the rights to paint a painting based on it?

Grugi
01-16-2005, 08:50 PM
Im not sure about that.. I was told the last day that the photo is from domai.com.
So Im afraid youre right and I have to remove it. Too bad I didnt know that earlier.. I just found the photo over the net so I dont know if someone uploaded it illegaly or not. To be safe I will remove it now. :/

Alice
01-17-2005, 12:18 AM
The only reason why I reacted myself was simply that I saw your "lolish" response in the "spank that a$$" -thread. That made me react since we will have no way of see if you pulled a tracer yourself and looked down on others who did the same.
See where I'm coming from here?

Grugi
01-17-2005, 12:46 AM
Well, I can tell you it is not traced and/or overpainted.If you believe this is your thing.
The reason I did this "lol" post was, because the author of your mentioned picture thought it was not important to tell the people that the image was traced. Tracing is no art.

Alice
01-17-2005, 01:06 AM
Yes, but how can we determin if yours was not when you use a reference you "can not show"?
I am not accusing you here, I just want you to think before you laugh in the face of next Joe, and it turns out he took the photo himself, or just got the idea from the photo and carried it out well.

You never know, you know. And as it is, if you know where the photo comes from, then you just have to drop them a line and ask them if its ok and that its not for commersial use.
Most people dont bother doing even that, just showing the referencephoto and source along. When its all for the practice then what does it matter?

Grugi
01-17-2005, 01:29 AM
yes, I totally agree. But like I said I laughed because he thought there was no need to tell the people it was traced, not because he traced.If he just did it for practice.. means practice coloring,composition etc then it is ok, but he have to mention it.

CGTalk Moderation
01-20-2006, 09:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.