PDA

View Full Version : WIP - Kinkey LionPig

Jelo
01-07-2005, 08:27 PM
Tjoo!

This must be one of my bizzare outbreaks. I just love those images where people combine different animals in to the moste weird creatures. Here's an kinkey LionPig of some sort whatching god knows what on a TV or... :)

As it's a WIP I'd gladly appreciate C&C.

http://www.joelart.com/forum/LionPig-WIP-01.jpg

ajay1589
01-07-2005, 10:44 PM
that is F***** up...but very interesting....change the background to an indoor setting and it will be better

Jelo
01-08-2005, 04:58 AM
Okay here's an update.

http://www.joelart.com/forum/Kinkey_LionPig-WIP-02.jpg

PixelPlay
01-08-2005, 11:20 AM
Haha! I like how this is progressing and the fact that your image got so much better on the second iteration.

Criticisms:
The fur on the lion's chin looks poorly defined, just kinda floating there.

The near, left leg looks too thin and both hooves could be darkened up to make them stand out more.

Keep the painterly look if you can but smooth out the pigs belly.

Froth on the beer is too blurred.

The background features (trees, mountains, grass) seems to be at a great level of detail but the foreground needs to have something else in it besides just the lion/pig.

All in all great job!

Alice
01-08-2005, 02:44 PM
roflmao
You keep working on it, this one is going to be funny as hell :D

ajay1589
01-08-2005, 04:04 PM
now that youve shown that the background is a praire...it looks a lot better(although you could get very creative with the seat...like make it seem like a seat made out of nature)

the second picture is a great improvement..keep it up

Jelo
01-09-2005, 07:04 AM
What do you guys/girls think about the flipping of the image and broadening it to a 4:3 ratio for better or worse?

Then should the LionPig be more centered to the left or right?

http://www.joelart.com/forum/Kinkey_LionPig-WIP-03.jpg

Alice
01-09-2005, 01:47 PM
You need to flip the tree in the background a wee bit aswell then, the shadow is a bit wrong.
You could move it a bit to the right and play a bit with the shadow. Maybe adding an animal who plays the part of beertable/snack or something?

Ognus
01-10-2005, 11:10 AM
It seems a little bit of that foam belongs on his mouth or tongue.
I think he looks better flipped. For some reason, in the first image, he looks like he is sunbathing, but when you flipped him, i see him watching TV, despite the fact that he has a remote in his hands in both scenes.
I think you should accentuate the dirt spot behind his chair. It looks very inviting, like a bug would lay there to escape the african sun.
This is a funny picture.

jmBoekestein
01-11-2005, 01:46 AM
LOL:scream: tencharact

supremo
01-11-2005, 04:23 AM
:scream:

I just noticed the pierced pig nipples! :applause:

Keep it going, this picture made my day!

It looks way better flipped in my opinion, you might slide the lion/pig to the left a little bit and down a little but the 4:3 works (esp since he's watching tv assumedly). Only other thing is that his right arm in the most recent pic looks a little funny if you consider that the pig is anatomically correct otherwise. I guess it'd be hard for him to hold a beer otherwise but thought I'd mention it while I ramble.

I dig your style with the digi-brush, you using painter?

Jelo
01-11-2005, 04:33 AM
Everyone: I'm really happy getting some comments, feels great, I'll do my best to finnish this image soon. :)

supremo: " Keep it going, this picture made my day!" Thank you! "you using painter?" No I only used Phoshop so far with my custom made brush.

Eternally Mine
01-11-2005, 04:35 AM
Very interesting and as I scrolled further I just had to chuckle, expecially over the nipple rings. I hope I am allowed to say anatomy words. As you can tell I am newbie but I try to do my best. I think you have a wonderful sense of humor and a creativity for new ideas. Thank you.

Tamar:thumbsup:

supremo
02-18-2005, 12:24 AM
Hiya, just going through my bookmarks and was wondering if this one has any updates?

Ognus
02-18-2005, 02:26 AM
The sky is a little blue for africa. It seems to me to look very refreshing.

Jelo
02-18-2005, 03:18 PM
I'll try to finnish it off in the comming weeks as I have much to do now. :)

Squibbit
02-18-2005, 03:57 PM
ARRRgh , lol , that's almost too much ... crrazy!!

SpeccySteve
02-18-2005, 04:05 PM
That is very disturbing, in a good way though. :applause:

Crunktastic
02-18-2005, 06:16 PM
lol, hilarious. Never seen so many nipple rings.

TiberiusJones
02-20-2005, 03:50 AM
I am a newbie and I do not have the skills that you esteemed people here have demonstrated but just from what my eye tells me, if you want my comment I would say that if this is the Serenghetti plain, where Lions live, and you seem to suggest this, being that this would be their natural habitat, it seems that the Serenghetti would be a windswept place. The wind should carry in one direction, let say, you have it going from right to left in your digital illustration, then the blades of grass should go in that direction, as well as the tufts of hair on the lion head and the the tree's foliage should also lean in that direction. I think if you have some unified sense of direction it would really pull your illustration tightly together.
It is very humorous, original and creative, I really like what you done. So what do you call that thar critter? A LioKinka Festus? I dunno....

CGTalk Moderation
02-20-2006, 04:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.