PDA

View Full Version : Explosion

Kuffi
01-07-2005, 06:54 PM
Im making an intro clip for a small project for school. The name of the project comes forward and then I want to insert an explosion and let it fade out. My question is, do you guys know a place where you can download/ use clips of 3D Explosions that I could use for this project? I don't have the skills to make one myself but I need this visual effect to let the intro work.

Thanks in advance.

Dutchman
01-08-2005, 01:23 AM
First of all; I saw some site with explosion footage passing, some time ago, but I can't find it anymore... Just try Google'ing I'd say :) I think you can get the wanted effect within 'Ulead Cool 3D', a very basic, simple 3D animation / simple visual FX app... :)

Second; I'm quite curious witch the name of your school is / where you live... It seems your on highschool (here in the Netherlands ;) ), and I know high schools where are given filmlessons are not often found... (so maybe your in the same school as me! :) ) In the case you'd like to know; I'm on 'het Norbertuscollege @ Roosendaal' :)

Just curious... ;)

krembo99
01-08-2005, 02:55 PM
usually explosions are generated with particale systems, that come with the software, that way you can control the explosion ..
I do not know of almost no one who uses a pre-made explosion clip..
but if you want, i can make one for you (it's 3 minutes with particles .. :-) )

Kuffi
01-08-2005, 05:36 PM
krembo that would be awesome! thanks a lot.

Dutchman I dont get film lessions at my school but I just do it for fun for schoolprojects Im at CHC in Eindhoven. Im trying to get on the HKU in Hilversum or the Filmacademy once Im finished with high school.

Yossarian!
01-09-2005, 10:51 PM
...or alternatively just head here:

http://www.detonationfilms.com/free_stuff.htm

There's a bunch of fantastic practical vfx here, and as far as explosions go nothing beats the real thing.

Kuffi
01-12-2005, 08:31 PM
thanks! with a little bit of editing those will do the trick :)

CGTalk Moderation
01-20-2006, 09:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.