PDA

View Full Version : Short Character Animation Sequence

TerianSilva
01-07-2005, 08:01 AM
Hi,

this is an animation I created it with CharacterStudio and 3d Studio Max.
I can not show the character itself at the moment. Sorry for this.

Alright, this animation is designed to be used in a realtime game engine for a round-based fight. It is not finished yet. The eary and some other stuff need to be animated. It should be a kind of supermove but I am really not satisfied with it and I need your feedback:

http://www.lanfestival.de/mbportfolio/zeuch/avi/animation_test2.avi

Sorry for the bad visual quality, I try to avoid this next time.

Pleas tell me, what would you improve, remove, add or whaterver?

Thanks and greets,
Marcus

TerianSilva
01-09-2005, 10:14 AM
Well, no answer after two days is not a good sign. You guys have no comments for this? That's a pity. :shrug:

BananaSalat
01-09-2005, 10:20 AM
The walk is done ok but the jump is really bad sorry.... iam not a animator so I cant help you to make it better. Good Luck

b00bie
01-09-2005, 11:21 AM
i like the trick hehe ;)

the problem maybe are his feet as he comes down from the jump... imo he should slide a lil but hes somehow tickling around a bit strange..

also if its a fight animation an opponente would be very useful to see how the move is finally lookin...

to the supermove itself... i would add a kick as he throws his weapon to the air, because the next hit is too far away (after he rotates) and somehow he has to get his enemy to this point imo..

also the hits could be a lil harder eheh

but its a really good start

TerianSilva
01-10-2005, 10:42 AM
Thanks for your comments, guys. The fight is based on rounds... like in Golden Sun or whatever. But you are right, its pretty bad. I guess I chance the whole animation cuz there are too much issues to fix and the keys have no real sturcture. I post the update when it is finished.

CGTalk Moderation
01-20-2006, 08:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.