PDA

View Full Version : Dongle problem

revert
01-07-2005, 12:56 AM
I was having some computer problems and had to run a windows repair. I now have no drivers for my dongle, Windows can't find any. USB Host for 1-Wire Microlan. I remember drivers being installed either during the XSI or licencing installation. Don't want to do that though, just want the drivers. Anyone suggest anything?

Thanks.

Atyss
01-07-2005, 01:04 AM
I never needed a driver to install the dongle....

Cheers
Bernard

revert
01-07-2005, 01:24 AM
Thanks Atyss. I did have a problem though. Kept saying it couldn't find ds 2490.sys or something like that. Found it under system 32/drivers. All is good now, thanks.

ThE_JacO
01-07-2005, 09:45 AM
Atyss probably never had the issue because (correct me if I'm wrong Bernard) he's using foundation now, and before that he was using serial dongles.

USB dongles DO need a driver.

one is installed when you install SPM, so you could want to remove and then re-install your SPM server, otherwise just check on dallas semiconductors/iWire site and download a recent driver for the iButton.

or even better just write an email to support@softimage.com and ask them for the correct model and drivers version link, they are a very good bunch and the responses are usually as prompt as possible, very often inside the 24 hrs term

Atyss
01-07-2005, 05:07 PM
Atyss probably never had the issue because (correct me if I'm wrong Bernard) he's using foundation now, and before that he was using serial dongles.

USB dongles DO need a driver.

Ahhh! Didn't know that! And you are indeed right :)

Cheers
Bernard

revert
01-07-2005, 06:37 PM
Thanks ThE_Jac0, i knew it had installed, couldn't remember if it was during XSI's installation or spm. As i said, once i pointed windows to the location of that system file everything everything was fine. At least now i know if it happens again.

Thanks.

CGTalk Moderation
01-20-2006, 09:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.