PDA

View Full Version : SPM License Manager, XSI startup problem

freshNfunky
01-06-2005, 11:16 PM
my problem is:
spmd doesn't want to start properly. I problem is more the service has a special tcp problem, i don't know why yet.

i first got suspicous as the lictools didn't start or rahter terminated immediately after executing. later on i found out that my spmd.exe (the spm licence manager) wasn't running.

then i tried to start it manually in the control panel > services but it refuses to start
prompting a error message in the spm.log:
Jan/07/05 00:37:12 NOTICE: SPMD "C:\WINDOWS\System32\spm\spmd.exe (Ver.1.1.11 [Build 1242])" started on "chimera" (Windows NT 5.1 [2600])
Jan/07/05 00:37:13 ALERT: SPM_FATAL ERROR (C:\WINDOWS\System32\spm\spmd.exe) : mi-spm11/tcp and mi-spm/tcp: unknown services
Jan/07/05 00:37:13 CRITICAL: fatal error: "mi-spm11/tcp and mi-spm/tcp: unknown services".
Jan/07/05 00:37:17 ERROR: SPMD "C:\WINDOWS\System32\spm\spmd.exe (Ver.1.1.11 [Build 1242])" terminated. nobody really had a solution to this, i googled the whole www after it...
no useful results, yet, so maybe someone will get attended who already experienced that problem.

i will continue searching in the web but i'd be glad (also for those people in the future suffering the same problem) if some avatar of solving tricky system faults will have mercy to give any hints and solutions for it.

good night :wise:

Atyss
01-07-2005, 12:03 AM
Have you installed a license? The service won't start without a license (duh).

Cheers
Bernard

bravmm
01-07-2005, 11:27 AM
Just contact Softimage, you're using Essentials or Advanced, so you probably have support as well. If you just bought it, you also get support.
Quickest way I would say.

cheers,

rob

ThE_JacO
01-07-2005, 11:34 AM
why are you using build 1242 in first place? that version isn't even downloadable anymore since a while now, especially since it doesn't even support USB dongles (which are the norm now).
that is, unless your download was a bit "dodgy" and not exactly coming from softimage.com

tell me you have a really good explanation for that please.

freshNfunky
12-22-2005, 12:24 PM
why are you using build 1242 in first place? that version isn't even downloadable anymore since a while now, especially since it doesn't even support USB dongles (which are the norm now).
that is, unless your download was a bit "dodgy" and not exactly coming from softimage.com

tell me you have a really good explanation for that please.

i since downloaded the newest lic-server from xsi. so your answer is confusing me a bit....
i put it down since, because it was just for educational reasons, but didn't worked. ....if i have time again i wil catch up again ....

but this thread might also be helpful for others here having the same problems. to ask questions mobody else likes to ask :scream:....

thorn3d
12-23-2005, 04:21 AM
Here's what Jaco meant:

Is your copy legal or not? If it's not, then likely there's your problem. No one here knows, cares, nor wants to help with such problems.

If it is legal software, then you're using an outdated version which should be upgraded - and if this isnt possible for some odd reason, contact Softimage directly. You dont need a support contract for licensing issues, they'll be glad to help.

thorn

CGTalk Moderation
12-23-2005, 04:21 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.