PDA

View Full Version : Gaurdians of Atlantis - Pencil (WIP)

mol
01-06-2005, 08:15 PM
First post here I think. I have to admit I have been kind of shying away from this place because of its size. But, hey, Im trying to reach the next level in my artwork and I need all the help I can get.

So on with it...

Just start roughing this all together:

http://sketchforums.com/uploads/post-11-1105035736.jpg

C&C welcome and appreciated.

mol
01-06-2005, 10:29 PM
More work:

http://sketchforums.com/uploads/post-11-1105048916.jpg

supremo
01-07-2005, 12:47 AM
Very interesting drawing. Are you going to move to digital somehow with this or will this be just pencil/paper?

mol
01-07-2005, 02:55 PM
Very interesting drawing. Are you going to move to digital somehow with this or will this be just pencil/paper?
I might end up painting it in Photoshop, but I was wanting the pencilled piece to stand on its own. Something just doesnt look right to me and I cant figure it out.

Eternally Mine
01-08-2005, 11:22 PM
Question is the man above the others actually blowing at them or sleeping?

mol
01-10-2005, 03:32 PM
Question is the man above the others actually blowing at them or sleeping?
*sigh* Where are you seeing this at? :(

ditchman
01-10-2005, 04:56 PM
Donít worry mol, Iím just as confused as you. I see a fish like skeleton above the others, or maybe it's a hologram projected by the floating sphere's beam.
I don't know what the problem is you're seeing, the only thing that stands out to me is it looks a little strange the way the character on the left's arm goes behind the sphere. Looks a bit like the arm has a big ball attached to it.

like the drawing so far though

mol
01-10-2005, 05:01 PM
Donít worry mol, Iím just as confused as you. I see a fish like skeleton above the others, or maybe it's a hologram projected by the floating sphere's beam.
I don't know what the problem is you're seeing, the only thing that stands out to me is it looks a little strange the way the character on the left's arm goes behind the sphere. Looks a bit like the arm has a big ball attached to it.

like the drawing so far though

Thanks, ditchman! The two spheres that arent directing any light are cameras. The others are lights. The idea was to convey the story line of some adventures down there trying to film these creatures. I agree about the hand. In fact, I am not happy with the whole arm extending at this point. I was trying to make it look as though the creature was reaching out to grab the camera.

CGTalk Moderation
01-20-2006, 09:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.