PDA

View Full Version : Incredibles shortlisted for Best Film award by the Producers Guild of America

kilikili
01-06-2005, 06:57 PM
What they said (entire article):

"The Pixar comedy The Incredibles may be in line for a surprise best picture Oscar nomination, after it was shortlisted for the best film award by the Producers Guild of America yesterday. The PGA awards are usually considered a good indicator of Oscar success, as many of its members also vote for the Oscars. Unusually for an animated feature, The Incredibles is this year considered alongside live-action films.

Other contenders for the PGA's best film award include Alexander Payne's Sideways, the US critics's darling of the moment. The road trip comedy set in California's wine valley was named best film by critics in New York, Los Angeles and Toronto, and won six nominations at the Independent Spirit awards last month.

Also in the running are Clint Eastwood's Million Dollar Baby, a boxing drama starring Hilary Swank, Martin Scorsese's biopic of producer Howard Hughes, The Aviator, and Finding Neverland, about Peter Pan author JM Barrie.

The Producers Guild Awards will be handed out on January 22."

More >>> (http://film.guardian.co.uk/news/story/0,12589,1384368,00.html)

-Kilikili

Slurry
01-06-2005, 07:25 PM
"The Pixar comedy The Incredibles may be in line for a surprise best picture Oscar nomination,
No surprise here.

Art

kmest
01-06-2005, 07:33 PM
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: they deserve it.

Stimpy
01-06-2005, 07:40 PM
bit of a misleading thread title if you wouldve read what you posted.

jeremybirn
01-06-2005, 07:52 PM
I think the subject line is getting a little ahead of reality, don't you? (EDIT: OK, thanks for changing the subject line.)

-jeremy

DAZZAN
01-06-2005, 08:32 PM
Im sorry,but I do not think the Incredibles deserves a Best Picture nomination....on the grounds that it is not good enough in my opinion......better fillms were made in 2004.

I thought it was good but,not Oscar Best Picture good.

But winner of best animation of course.

DB3D
01-06-2005, 08:34 PM
why isnt it in a best animation category? Really, i think million dollor baby deserves the award for best picture, clint eastwood rocks.

DAZZAN
01-06-2005, 08:38 PM
I think they will go all weepy and give it to Scorsese.

shehbahn
01-06-2005, 08:45 PM
Eastwood's movie is out tomorrow - have you seen it yet ?

DB3D
01-06-2005, 09:40 PM
no i havent seen it, i read lots of reviews on it and everyone raves how good its, but i said it "deserves" it the most because eastwood didnt care if the movie made any money what so ever, he was just passionate about the story and wanted to make it. I have seen the aviator though, and that was also very good. oh man, now im torn about who should win.

leigh
01-06-2005, 09:44 PM
I have renamed your thread more appropriately.

Para
01-06-2005, 10:05 PM
I hope they'll win :)

ReBootedOne
01-06-2005, 10:18 PM
I think the Incredibles totally deserves it. One step closer to proving that animated film DOES NOT EQUAL kid's movie!

-The ReBooted One

dmonk
01-06-2005, 10:22 PM
I totally loved the Incredibles, but I think Ray will get it. That movie was awesome.

JavonX
01-06-2005, 10:39 PM
The incredibles won't get an nomination. Why do you think did they create a best animated feature category? To get the all the non-liveaction movies out of the way. Hollywood wants real movies to win in this category, otherwise finding nemo would have deserved one too. (a nomination, not to win)

Hollywood wants a certain kind of movie to win: it should be big, epic, about famous persons, gorgeous, serious . . something along that. That's why sideways won't get a nomination as well.

CGTalk Moderation
01-20-2006, 08:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.