PDA

View Full Version : Internet Explorer activeX control... BOBO!

Wahooney
01-06-2005, 01:02 PM
I'm busy with a script that uses the Internet Explorer activeX object and I need help with the beforeNavigate2 event. I need to check if the URL meets certain criteria before I can allow it through, I know the way forward involves setting the &Cancel variable to false, but can someone (BOBO!) please tell me how to do that?

Right now my code for the event looks like this:

on ax beforeNavigate2 pDisp URL Flags TargetFrameName PostData Headers &Cancel do
(
if (<URL CONDITION>) then
Cancel = false
)

But it gives me this error:
>> MAXScript Rollout Handler Exception: -- Runtime error: Indirect assignment requires an '&' reference value, got: false <<

Please help me... (BOBO!)

Wahooney
01-10-2005, 10:02 AM
Actually, what I need to know is how to change the value of a variable that has been passed into an event by reference, the maxScript help doesn't tell you how to do this.

eg. Internet explorer

on ax beforeNavigate2 pDisp URL Flags TargetFrameName PostData Headers &Cancel do
(
whatever
)

How would I change Cancel so that the function that called the event will see the changes?
Eg: Cancel = true, does nothing

Please help :(

CGTalk Moderation
01-20-2006, 08:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.