PDA

View Full Version : How to connect a lattice to an IK joint?

JPSelter
01-06-2005, 11:04 AM
I have the following in my scene: A simple character that has springs instead of arms and legs and an IK sceleton. Because I donīt have 2 bones for a leg, but one single spring I want the spring to deform like a leg. I heard I should use a lattice deformer. I understood how it works and I can now move the lattice points to deform the spring. BUT how do I connect the lattice deformer to an IK joint? I tried to connect the points to the joint but I canīt see the points in the hypergraph, thereīs jut the lattice object. I hope someone can help me how to deform the spring while my character is walking.

anthonymcgrath
01-07-2005, 08:34 AM
well yer ik handle will work thru a joint chain so create a simple leg, create the lattice on the spring, then (and I'm not sure on this one!) bind the lattice to a leg chain (hip, knee, ankle) which then has your ik handle on it?

failing that - if the spring is a simple zebedee spring style (ie: straight haha!) then you could create a straight curve then use that as a wire deformer on the spring. Finally - bind the curve to the joint/ik leg

just thinkin on me feet here - not had caffeine yet! someone will probably suggest something sensible shortly!

ant
newcastle
uk

CGTalk Moderation
01-20-2006, 08:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.