PDA

View Full Version : Summoner

geeno
01-06-2005, 03:53 AM
http://www.whitehallstudios.com/summonerfinal.gif

summoner guy summoning something so deadly i cant say what it is.

Lovliebutterfly
01-07-2005, 01:12 AM
Nice lighting effects. But i think if he's standing on that source of light, there need to be even more highlights on his feet and legs. More sharper highlights there as well. It's looking good so far!

supremo
01-07-2005, 02:24 AM
Since you can't say what it is, will you at least draw it? :eek:

lovlie is probably right, but great job with the highlights created by the bolts, I've found that's hard to do convincingly. Only crit is that the arms could use to be a little longer.

Cadron
01-07-2005, 04:31 AM
i love the smokey whisps of... smoke... they look awesome especially with the effective lighting you ahve created! I agree with supremo - the arms should be perhaps a bit longer...

overall quite nice

Regards - Cade-Wyatt

alastairwinter
01-07-2005, 05:11 AM
Hi, just hoping to maybe give some good crits if I can.

I think some things already got brought up, like the circle of light thing (highlights there are brightening up of the boots where you maybe see some detail near the floor would probably be good), and the arms do seem short when you look at the figure as a whole.

I didn't really look at the figure all that much till I saw that reply, and when I finally did I noticed that the proportions seem off. I think fixing the arms would probably be the easiest thing, I think...

Otherwise, quickly I think those are the two major things that caught my eye. The lighting on the floor I noticed you took careful detail to the light given off by the circle (like the rocks nearby and all), but maybe adding some more details into his pants and boots or the parts immediately near the circle might ground the effect more. Last thing I was going to ask is what you were going to do with that space behind the summoner? :)

Good work though, reminds me of those portraits of figures they have in Neverwinter Nights or Baldur's Gate.

Keep it up!

CGTalk Moderation
01-20-2006, 09:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.