PDA

View Full Version : Halo 2 trailer now online

lildragon
09-05-2002, 01:35 PM
Wow, my jaw hit the floor when I saw this new trailer, a must see. Note you'll need to download the new media player to watch it. That's pretty cool also ;)

http://www.xbox.com/halo2/halo2-trailer.htm

enjoy

illOgic
09-05-2002, 02:01 PM
thanks!!!

HippieKiller
09-05-2002, 02:04 PM
Requires windows mediaplayer 9? No way!

Damm
09-05-2002, 02:04 PM
Damn it looks good... Still waiting for HALO to be realesed for pc though :annoyed: .

John Lee
09-05-2002, 02:09 PM
What so bad about windows media player 9???

Neo

lildragon
09-05-2002, 02:11 PM
actually media player 9 is very nice even in beta stage it kicks the predecessors bootah! :D

Chewey
09-05-2002, 02:22 PM
naw, I can wait until ALL the bugs are stomped out. Not worth risking my current stable rig with a beta rev. just so I can watch a demo.

I'll try out 9 later.

edaddy
09-05-2002, 02:34 PM
demo wasn't too good, too cheesy, come on, no ACTUAL gameplay screens?! ... . . just a lame ass story, and they gotta show more than that .....:thumbsdow

Seven
09-05-2002, 02:48 PM
there is a quick time version here:

http://halo.bungie.org/misc/halo2trailermirrors.html

Sev

Gamoron
09-05-2002, 05:15 PM
I'm buying an Xbox. I want to play Halo. I'm not so sure I'll care about Halo 2. That was a lame ass short. So it's on a planet? Why not show something about that....

EAP!
09-05-2002, 06:30 PM
are there any other mirrors? I'm at workstation where we can't install new software. The quicktime link didn't finish loading.

I'm so sad :sad:

-EAP!

JamesDeschenes
09-05-2002, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by edaddy
demo wasn't too good, too cheesy, come on, no ACTUAL gameplay screens?! ... . . just a lame ass story, and they gotta show more than that .....:thumbsdow

I believe thats why it's called a teaser trailer.:annoyed:

Pixarman
09-05-2002, 07:12 PM
I'm buying an Xbox. I want to play Halo. I'm not so sure I'll care about Halo 2. That was a lame ass short. So it's on a planet? Why not show something about that....

After you've played all the way through the first game, you'll care about HALO 2 most likely. It's also not just any planet...that's Earth getting the s*** blown out of it.

Too bad HALO 2 doesn't come out for another year though. :thumbsdow

Amazing realtime graphics though...I can't wait to see the gameplay too.

Pixarman

lildragon
09-05-2002, 07:43 PM
Like Pixarman said you have to play the first to really just the jist of this "teaser" trailer... if you did you'll know how kewl this is :D

Edgemaster
09-05-2002, 08:00 PM
That game is going to be sweet.! Man the first one kicked ass and this one looks like it will kick harder....Yeah if you havent had a chance just to sit down and enjoy this game man your missing out on some good game play...Every level gets better and better...Just hearing that music in the trailor...dude....It's gonna be sweet......:buttrock:

edaddy
09-05-2002, 08:06 PM
Like Pixarman said you have to play the first to really just the jist of this "teaser" trailer... if you did you'll know how kewl this is

nah man, halo kicks ass - that trailer doesn't - but i know, " it's only a teaser" ... . . . .

ghZaaaRK
09-05-2002, 08:38 PM
oh cool! a new SpyWare!
M$ have said WMP9 was developped for 500.000.000$ ! what's bullshit! arf
It's true!!! you watch good! 500.000.000$

for the trailer can die! i won't install a stupid player for it!

bye

bara
09-05-2002, 11:10 PM
just a planet? it's earth. covenant are leveling earth. that's the point. you gotta save the earth. i assume the game begins after you've gotten inside that battlecruiser.
sahweet!

WillJohn
09-06-2002, 12:33 AM
wow , i never thought id see anyone jump into earths atmposphere since that superman movie...

i hate how people forget about that .. whats it called again...

oh yeah the atmosphere.

maybe its gunna be a short game.. u just burn up.

element412
09-06-2002, 12:42 AM
is that real time????
if yes...i did see real time dof???????
wow.

element

Chris
09-06-2002, 01:01 AM
yeah baby! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: Its gonna be sooooooo good!!!

Realtime DOF's been in a couple of XBox games I've seen - Wreckless - the Yakuza missions had it

(disclaimer - I'm not saying its raytraced DOF you pedantomatics (you know who you are) just a Z depth/blur fake - It looks amazingly realistic though) :)

derelict
09-06-2002, 02:11 AM
HAH! they came exploring at my place. see attach

hehe.. nevermind.

:buttrock:

Cadillacs57
09-06-2002, 02:56 AM
as i type this my msn messenger crashed and my windows media player cant play the video of battlefield:1942 :thumbsdow
i sure hope that MS does not release anything that haves to do with heartbeats ;) windows CE for your.... damn i cant remember the name in english god!:rolleyes:

edwstudio
09-06-2002, 03:52 AM
:bounce: best!!!!

facial
09-06-2002, 03:52 AM
Cool..................................................:applause: :applause:

derelict
09-06-2002, 04:55 AM
hai edwstudio!

That is a very realistic model you have attached there! Can we see the wires?:rolleyes: j/k

I guess you're new huh? Welcome dude!:)

wonder
09-06-2002, 05:31 AM
yes, windows media player 9, no way!
I sugguest u do not use windows media player 9, the reason is not the bugs, it will kill ur right ! if some day, u can not control ur computer or some thing was lost strangely, u can sure the reason is Windows media player 9 or such ****ing softwares.

sorry fo my english.

bara
09-06-2002, 08:13 AM
Dude, willjohn, what is wrong with you... :curious: he is not jumping to the earth's atmosphere. are you blind? he's boarding that bloody cruiser. that's the whole point of jumping out.
geez.

playmesumch00ns
09-06-2002, 08:55 AM
Damn quicktime crashed my puny computer here at work! Won't be trying again.

blendertrout
09-07-2002, 12:31 AM
Mwdia Player 9 skrewed up my os.... :shame:

I wasn't having problems with web wideo before...
*sigh* but I'm not suprised, It may in part be due to my ancient vid card. :annoyed:

E_Moelzer
09-07-2002, 02:32 AM
Hey People
I am still not sure whether this truly was realtime. Or can anyone explain how they did that volumetric- lighing- effect?
Anyway, cool teaser! BTW, there are at least 2 mirrors around that have an Mpeg- version of it, which is what I got, as I do neither want to DL the new QT, nor the new Mplayer (still use the good ol' 6.x)
CU
Elmar

Chillydawg
09-07-2002, 02:56 AM
No way that was realtime, we are on the verge of getting there, but not before at least a year... Maybe when the new graphic cards will be out...

MosaFacku
09-07-2002, 05:18 AM
yeah dood. someone at bungie told me it was realtime.

JoBbE
09-07-2002, 12:12 PM
I haven't seen the trailer (having trouble downloading it) but you can do alot with textures and transparency, so if they say it's realtime it probably is :)

bentllama
09-10-2002, 06:17 AM
*** I CAN ATTEST THAT TEASER IS INDEED ALL REAL TIME!!!

I am glad some of you enjoyed the teaser :) ...

...wait till you see the gameplay and other delicious details...

heavyness
09-11-2002, 01:06 AM

[note: i'm not knocking Halo of Bungie]

is this done realtime? from what i'm told, yes. but then again, he's the only character on the screen, leaving the XBOX free to handle the higher polygon count, textures, and effects. Why does Resident Evil look so well? cuase the backgrounds are not really 3d, and there only 3-4 characters on the screen at a time. Why does Tekken and VF character models have more polygons then characters from GTA? cuase there's only 2 characters on the screen.

remember, the game is a year away [if not more] and we didn't see any enemies on the screen [no "real" combat]. when you do a realtime cut-scene, you can get away with alot of effects and crisper graphics since the programmers can control what will be on the screen at which point. just like those tech demos you see when the XBOX, GC, and or PS2 1st came out, they really don't represent what the games can do.

bentllama
09-11-2002, 02:41 AM
...get ready to be floored next year then... BUNGIE [we] used all game ready graphics [not cutscene] for that teaser, in fact I could hardly believe it myself...move on over Doom 3! :) LOL

Originally posted by negteen

[note: i'm not knocking Halo of Bungie]

is this done realtime? from what i'm told, yes. but then again, he's the only character on the screen, leaving the XBOX free to handle the higher polygon count, textures, and effects. Why does Resident Evil look so well? cuase the backgrounds are not really 3d, and there only 3-4 characters on the screen at a time. Why does Tekken and VF character models have more polygons then characters from GTA? cuase there's only 2 characters on the screen.

remember, the game is a year away [if not more] and we didn't see any enemies on the screen [no "real" combat]. when you do a realtime cut-scene, you can get away with alot of effects and crisper graphics since the programmers can control what will be on the screen at which point. just like those tech demos you see when the XBOX, GC, and or PS2 1st came out, they really don't represent what the games can do.

MosaFacku
09-11-2002, 03:05 AM
damn that stuff is beautiful. the lighting is awesome. some of the people here thought it was prerendered. the animation was pretty damn cool too. especially from the point where master chief hits the button to open the airlock on. its just so damn cool. u guys did great job.

Nahaz
09-11-2002, 04:19 AM
It would be realtime, Bungie, nor Microsoft would dare to release a pre-rendered trailer.

However prescripted realtime graphics are not the same as "ingame" realtime graphics.

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 03:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.