PDA

View Full Version : My firs attempt at matte painting

r00tcracker
01-05-2005, 11:10 PM
Hi guys , this is a VERY early stage... but tell me what you think.
Thanks

This is the Original plate.
http://img68.exs.cx/img68/6443/mpichu7tb.jpg

And this is my WIP
http://img36.exs.cx/img36/83/machu8nk.jpg

Thanks for looking.
I wait for your critiques or praise LOL

r00tcracker

r00tcracker
01-06-2005, 02:54 AM
15 Views and NO comments???
Is it THAT bad?
:sad:

geeno
01-06-2005, 02:55 AM
work on it a bit more, you havent really done anything to it.

idiot box
01-06-2005, 04:45 AM
Just wondering do you reply to other peoples post and give them feedback? Alot of people wonder why people don't reply to their work, when they themselves arent replying to others work. Im not acusing you of it, im more or less making a statement. I think if everyone took time to reply to the people who gave them feedback, this section would be more productive.

As far as your first matte, it looks cool, I don't like the way the clouds just seem to cut off the mountains on the left and right. Seems like you should have the clouds rolling down on the right and left portion. Maybe even put a Temple in the open grass. Keep working, practice makes perfect :)

r00tcracker
01-06-2005, 05:53 AM
idiot box. thanks for the tips. I will look into it.

Regarding the replies to other people posts.. this is probably my 3rd post (2 daily sketch forum and 1 here). I am very new to all this. And the reason that I don't give advise to other people posts is because to give advice you have to KNOW very well what you are talking about... and I lack that knowledge (at the moment). I hope you to understand, I don't want to be rude or anythin. And I know what you mean.

When I gain more experience I will be more active I PROMISE.

Well idiot box, thanks again for your comment.

r00tcracker
01-06-2005, 09:55 AM
Hi geeno, I just started it 2 days ago... and I know I didn't do anything, just wanted to have some opinions about lighting and atmosphere.

Of course I will add more :).

Thanks for looking geeno.

squircle
01-06-2005, 11:20 AM
Because the orginal shot was taken in reasonably sunny weather, it won't ever look right with thick mist across the top of the mountains, as sunlight would be diffused by the mist. You need to fix the tones of the village to match any work you do to the sky. Plus you have taken away the background of an aerial shot, which completely flattens the whole image.

r00tcracker
01-06-2005, 09:25 PM
You are right South-paw.
Thank you very much, i'll see what I can do to fix it. :thumbsup:

CGTalk Moderation
01-20-2006, 08:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.