PDA

View Full Version : head study

resurepus
01-05-2005, 09:28 PM
Hi, I keep practicing my drawing skills... this is really work in progress as I am finished for today and would like to hear your thoughts on how I can improve the work.
http://www.designcontest.net/images/2004/wip.jpg

Ognus
01-05-2005, 11:00 PM
The right eye looks like it is laying under a mask. if you are using photoshop or painter, might i recomend including as few details in the original line art as possible. use shade and color to represent contour.
Why is the upper left protion of the skull un colored? even if you are adding a layer of hair, i would color the whole face and cranium, so that you have flexibility with the hair, and other hairstyles if you ever want to use the image again.

keep it up.

Ognus
01-05-2005, 11:01 PM
p.s.

my name is backwards too. it is a word found in Saul Bellow's "Henderson the Rainking."

ajay1589
01-06-2005, 12:55 AM
that right eye is too far up...and slightly turned towards the nose(try to keep the left and right eye as identical as possible...especially in this point of view)

resurepus
01-06-2005, 06:11 PM
Thanks for the hints, guys! Yes, I am using Painter for this work. As for the uncoloured part of the head I was really planning to add a very thick hair, but your comments make sense, it does never hurt to experiment with other hair styles. As for the right eye, I'll try fixing it, however probably not right now. Will leave this project till tomorrow...

resurepus
01-06-2005, 08:15 PM
no, I didn't guess it right... I did make myself change her eyes a little... Does it look a little bit better now? There is a lot to improve, but if you could point out specific things that would be very much appreciated!

http://www.designcontest.net/images/2004/wip1.jpg

CGTalk Moderation
01-20-2006, 08:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.