PDA

View Full Version : Need Help - With Sculpting....

MaartenN
01-05-2005, 04:04 PM
Hi,

On the internet I read a lot about Sculpting. I see really great designs.
I tried to do it my self but I haven't achieved a good model yet :(

I have some questions. I am using FIMO Classics clay it is a bit hard clay
is this good clay? I hear a lot of ppl talk about Super Clay.
I see that a lot of ppl can smudge their clay I can't really do that :S
I have some pictures here from my attempt of a model. I only made this part becouse I don't have a lot of clay yet (i want to know whats good first). I also see that ppl use a liquid for their clay, what liquid is that?

I hope you people can help me! becouse I would really like to make a good character.

PS: I have read the sticky thread about Sculpting it helped me a lot but nog enaugh :(

Later,
Maarten

Cyborgguineapig
01-06-2005, 02:16 AM
http://www.hiekoo-creations.nl/shop/IMAGE%5CSuperSculpey%5Css1-a.jpg
Just make it easy on yourself and get Super sculpey, thats the best type in my opinion. But your prob going to have to build an armature (wire) to support the clay since it is much more moldable but also tends to droop in areas with a lot of weight to it. I don't know why people people play with these hard as stone brand clays or liquids? Thats a first. The easiest way ta go is super sculpy because its ready to go out of the box. The more you stretch it the smoother it gets too.

MaartenN
01-06-2005, 01:11 PM
Thnx :) this helped me a lot

Goraaz
01-29-2005, 07:14 AM
There is a pretty good solution for the armature. Use thin metal wire(I use a soft cheap ones.. ) and I use aluminium foil to make them thicker. This is pretty good for large parts that are fitted on smaller or thinner parts, you could use aluminium foil to make the base of the part and then put the clay on it. This works pretty good for let's say a big head on a smaller body(cartoony characters for example.)

CGTalk Moderation
01-29-2006, 08:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.