PDA

View Full Version : Robert De Niro - Painting

SBarclay
01-05-2005, 01:15 PM
Hi this is one of the first digital paintings ive done on the computer
using a new Wacom Intuos 3 graphics tablet i got for Christmas.
I did this painting using Photoshop CS, took around about 3-4 hours
to do. This is a painting of actor Robert De Niro (hope you can you can see that :) )
I used a photos of Robert De Niro for reference.
All comments wellcome. :)
http://www.geminicomputers.co.uk/sbgraphicdesign/images/2d/18.jpg

Tonik
01-05-2005, 02:01 PM
As a painting it's not looking bad but I'm not sure I would have recognised it as De Niro without the thread title.

I'm not sure what you could do for improvements but I'm sure someone will have suggestions. Maybe making more definition between his beard and right cheek or exagerating (sp?) that famous mole of his.

Ilikesoup
01-05-2005, 03:35 PM
I like the grayscale and the loose feeling of this picture. It's a pretty good resemblance but if you're looking to touch it up, here's a few suggestions:

Eyes: They look too small for his face. Also, I'm not sure how old your reference photo is but I can't think of DeNiro without seeing the crow's feet (wrinkles) at the outside corner of his eyes.

Nose: I'm not sure, but I think DeNiro has a broad nose, but there's a sharper bridge. Yours has a definite curve and puffiness as though it's been broken. I'm not sure if you intended that (Raging Bull?).

Cheek: I like the way that you've shaded his left cheek but since his right cheek is all highlight, it makes it look swollen. A bit more shading will give it more shape.

Mouth: The curled lower lip looks really nice. The upper lip is distracting and I think it would look better if it were erased as though it were completely covered by his moustache.

Nice work overall. Wacoms rock, don't they? :)

CGTalk Moderation
01-20-2006, 09:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.