PDA

View Full Version : New CGTalk Frontpage Layout?

wireFrame
01-05-2005, 10:54 AM
With the addition of several new forums, I began to realize that the CGTalk main page is becoming "boring". I type www.cgtalk.com (http://www.cgtalk.com) and about 80% of the whole main page are texts. You have to scroll all the way down to see the other forums.

Do you think we need that "upgrade" considering that its been a while since CGTalk last changed its front page layout? I know it's not that easy to implement but I'm wondering if its in the minds of the mods.

I also suggest we use "forum icons" for better identifications.

What do you think?

rebo
01-05-2005, 03:11 PM
I think thats a bad idea noobies would be confused and pro's should have their individual special interest forums bookmarked anyway.

SheepFactory
01-05-2005, 05:30 PM
by cliclking on the red arrow box next to the forum titles you can collapse them.

andy_maxman
01-06-2005, 04:35 AM
perhaps you could ask for ' My CGT ' feature where you get to customize the frontpage ( ie if it wasnt already there )

Leonard
01-06-2005, 04:38 AM
perhaps you could ask for ' My CGT ' feature where you get to customize the frontpage ( ie if it wasnt already there )
Funny you mention that. A "My CGTalk" feature is already in the project queue. It'll be a few months before being developed and implemented, but yes, we're already looking at a fully customizable layout for members.

Best,

Leonard

wireFrame
01-06-2005, 07:15 AM
Yes! Thanks Leo!

Now I fully understand the saying "Even if you lose, you're still a winner."

Good luck!

CGTalk Moderation
01-20-2006, 09:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.