PDA

View Full Version : to moderators and users

pwallin
01-05-2005, 09:15 AM
I posted something like this before to a different "section" and got no replys so here I go again...

My suggestion is to add "warning" to a "General techniques" section which states that "do not post application specific post here". I find extremely annoying when I find interesting topic (for example "modeling section"), open it and find it's about some specific problem with an specific application which has it's own "section" already and I do not even use that application so that information is not useful to me at all.

Some posts in "general techniques" even have headlines like: Problem with "xxx" application, which helps me to not open it if I do not use that software, but obvious question is why it's on "general techniques" -section and not in that applications own section and moderators have not moved it to a correct place?

Not going mad yet...maybe I have understood something wrong with using different "sections".

Anyway, it really is a big problem to open several threads and find them being about something application specific and waisting my time on them.

Pasi

Garma
01-05-2005, 09:47 AM
you posted this exact point in another thread in this forum. if you do not get replies/support you're probably the only one who finds it annoying, and then you should let it rest.

pwallin
01-05-2005, 10:00 AM
you posted this exact point in another thread in this forum. if you do not get replies/support you're probably the only one who finds it annoying, and then you should let it rest.Could be, but it's better to have "some" answers than "nothing" wether they agree with me or not (like your post). Reason I repost this topic is that since it did not had any responds I was not sure I posted it to a correct "section".

Now I would really like to read some moderators opinions about the subject.

Pasi

Garma
01-05-2005, 01:23 PM
Now I would really like to read some moderators opinions about the subject.

not sure what you mean by section, but your previous post is in the very same forum, so what other section do you mean

oh and "no replies" means "I couldn't care less" here on cgtalk :)

pwallin
01-05-2005, 02:05 PM
not sure what you mean by section, but your previous post is in the very same forum, so what other section do you mean

oh and "no replies" means "I couldn't care less" here on cgtalk :)Oh...you again. I mean that one section is for example a "General Discussions", other section is "Application specific", and so on...then there is a "General Techniques" section which purpose seems to be out of control.

To me "no replies" can also mean "I haven't been that section and do not know problem about it".

Since we are talking...tell me what is a difference about using "Application specific" and "General Techniques" sections? To me it's just simply this: If there is a section for example for "After Effects" (which is there by the way), people should not throw their AE question to a "Composition and visual effects" section stating something like "Why After Effects keeps crashing with this thing" (I made up that headline, so it doesn't propably appear there in reality). Instead of directing their question to a "After Effects" section where it belongs.

Pasi

pwallin
01-05-2005, 06:15 PM
I just noticed that my original post was moved to this "section", but still my original question needs a belivable answer.

Moderators, could you please check my post and reply to it?

Pasi

CGTalk Moderation
01-20-2006, 08:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.