PDA

View Full Version : Graph Editor wont open!:(Help!!

wgreenlee1
09-05-2002, 07:06 AM
When I hit the menu button or shortcut it all it does is flicker.
I just reinstalled the whole lightwave 7.0b to 7.5 fresh and I get in there and hit the Graph Editor and nothing.
Is the GE a plugin?
Anyone else had this prob?
Please help I luv the graph editor!!!:(

Timothy
09-05-2002, 07:04 PM
Hmmm... very odd.... my first stop would be to reinstall all plugins...

I am not sure what else it could be... will ask around.

Chewey
09-05-2002, 08:04 PM
redo your config files. It's always a good idea to make backups of your config files so you can easily dump the bad/questionable ones and use the backups.

wgreenlee1
09-05-2002, 11:08 PM
Thanks for the input guys!
I found that having 6.5 along with 7.5 on the same machine makes GE go crazy.Thanks again!!!:applause:

Notepad
09-06-2002, 01:59 AM
Just trash your LW3.CFG file if you're on PC, or the Lightwave Layout Preferences if you're on the Mac.

The .CFG file will be in C:\Documents and Settings\<USERNAME>\
The preference file will be in Macintosh HD:System Folder:Preferences (OS9) or Macintosh HD:Users:<USERNAME>:Library:Preferences

Make sure Layout, Modeler, and the HUB are all shut down when you do this.

Restart and Enjoy.

Also, to have both 6.5 and 7.5 running properly on the same machine, you'll need to do config redirection. Takes a bit of setup to do.

First, make directory called LW75CFG. Make this anywhere. I usually place mine in the root of the hard drive.

If you're on PC, click on Start --> Programs --> Ligthwave 7.5 and right-click on the Layout shortcut. Choose Properties. The Properties window will appear.

http://home.satx.rr.com/liska/images/properties.png

Go to the line marked Target, click in there so the typing cursor appears, and hit the End key on your keyboard. Next, type the following command: -cC:\LW75CFG and click on OK. Repeat this for the Modeler and Hub, too.

Repeat this process for the 6.5 shortcuts, but this time point everything to a folder called LW65CFG instead.

If you're on a Macintosh, you'll need to edit the Lightwave Cmdline file (located in Lightwave 3D 7.5:Programs) and just put this in there: -c"Macintosh HD:LW75CFG"

Save the file, and do the same thing with Modeler Cmdline and Hub Cmdline files.

Now for both platforms, you *WILL* need to rescan your plugins. I also recommend trashing all .CFG / Lightwave Preference files before doing this, so you're working from a "clean slate".

proton
09-06-2002, 02:20 AM
LW community to the rescue:bounce:

DigitalDeuce
09-06-2002, 03:59 AM
Kinda makes you all squishy inside.

Oh wait -- oops, be right back guys!!

Clean up on Isle 7 -- Isle 7 clean up please.

:D

wgreenlee1
09-06-2002, 08:59 AM
Again,thanks for the info!

You are guys are so cool!!!:cool:

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 03:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.