PDA

View Full Version : Move Tech Support/Questions to top of page?

mummey
01-04-2005, 03:15 PM
Ok, in an effort to reduce the number of perpetual newbie threads that get started about questions that have been answered many, many times, I propose that we should move the Tech Support/Questions forum up the page alongside the main forums. This will make the forum easier to locate for new users and hopefully lead to less "Where is X?" Threads being started in the General Discussions forum.

Thoughts? Comments? Please vote if you like this idea.

-b

wireFrame
01-05-2005, 11:53 AM
I'm not voting. I got a better idea instead.

Actually, I posted another thread here (http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=199497) and I think CGTalk should consider updating (or maybe redesigning) its front page.

I was tempted to put it in the General Discussions 'coz I think the question needs everyone's attention. Only few people bother to come down and view this forum and I think there's something wrong. They get to discuss "general topics" unrelated to cg like pictures of pets, rumors, etc. While it's for everyone's concern to discuss improvements in this website here at the bottom, important topics such as yours are really limited in exposure because of this forums location.

Redesigning the front page intelligently I think would be the solution to these peoblems.

CGTalk Moderation
01-20-2006, 09:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.