PDA

View Full Version : Exlcude / Include List

galagast
01-04-2005, 02:29 AM
Im trying to access the properties of this function...

exclusionListDlg()

I tried all the class and object instpector funcitons.. nothing seems to extract what im looking for...

when i assign this to a variable like so...

myList = exclusionListDlg()

it would pop-up a dialog (as expected), do some including and excluding... then after pressing OK, it would return my array...

now my problem is, how will i know if the array is for my Exlcusion list? or is it for my Inclusion List? ... and how will I know of the array was set to Illumination, Shadow Casting or Both? it doesnt print any of those infos, it just gives me an array...

i hope somebody could shed some light on me regarding this... many thanks in advance! :)

Wahooney
01-04-2005, 10:55 AM
Standard max lights have includeList and excludeList arrays all you need to do is make whichever list you need equal you list.

ie If it were for a selection your code would go:

$MyLight.includeList = selection
-- or
$MyLight.excludeList = selection

I think, however, that as you assign objects to one list the other list is made undefined.

Hope this helps.:thumbsup:

galagast
01-04-2005, 01:16 PM
yep, thats close to what i did. What i wanted to do was hav a separate dialog to control all the lights' Exclude/Include List.. although i may be able to replicate a similar dialog, the existence of exclusionListDlg()'s properties could hav made things a lot easier...

So, in the mean time, i let my script pick a light (with some include/exclude items), copy the arrays/settings, thus a separate button will just paste em all to other lights...

and yeah, it wud depend on the contents if u assign an array on excludelist or includelist...

:D :D :D

CGTalk Moderation
01-20-2006, 09:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.