PDA

View Full Version : Free HLSL shaders for Max viewport

bcloward
01-03-2005, 09:20 PM
For the past year or so I've been learning to write real-time shaders in high level shading languages like Cg and HLSL. In the course of learning, I've created a library of shaders that I've decided to post on my web site for other 3DS Max artists to use. The shaders include features like normal mapping, offset/parallax mapping, point light attenuation, a simple version of global illumination, etc. You can get them here:

http://www.monitorstudios.com/bcloward/resources_shaders.html

Feel free to use these for anything you want - private projects, professional projects, etc. They're completely free.

I'd love to get some feedback on them. If you apply them and something doesn't work or you need more information, I'd love to hear from you. Or especially if you are good at shader programming and find something that I can improve, please let me know. I'm an artist, not a programmer - so they may not be perfect

Have fun with them and let me know what you think.

mireneye
01-03-2005, 11:38 PM
No less expected from you. I see we meet again. Its the second time ever I meet the same guy on another forum... Conincidence, and maybe similar interests ;).

I see you have apparently been busy with this, whilist I stayed with just modelling, and using whatever other cool things people invent which I can enhance my own work with.

Interesting indeed.

I wish thee goodluck on whatever task youll do next.

Cheers, and happy animating "IIRC thats what you do ;)"
Kindest regards from Mireneye.

lebada
01-08-2005, 09:19 PM
nice car paint shader :thumbsup:

bcloward
01-11-2005, 01:42 AM
Thanks! I wish I had a cool car model to apply it to. It would be a better way to show it off. Did you try the shader in Max or just look at the images on my site?

CGTalk Moderation
01-20-2006, 07:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.