PDA

View Full Version : Fall of a Skywalker (SW Fanart)

KangarooMan
01-03-2005, 09:10 PM
Greetings,

The following is an image my wife and I have been working on the past two evenings. Done in Painter with soft dull pastels on one layer from reference pictures found in various Star Wars books. We would be very grateful for any helpful feedback!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v407/mmbenya/starwars_small.jpg

Best regards :)

idiot box
01-03-2005, 10:50 PM
This will be nice when it's all tightened up and detailed. So far you guys are doin pretty good. I'll definetly check back on this.

atenyotkin
01-04-2005, 02:58 AM
Crits:
1. Some parts of the painting seem a bit too blurry, like emperor's face for example.
2. Lightsabers should be much brighter. With any light, it's usually bright (white) at the source, and then the falloff/halo is actually the color of the source.
3. Luke's lightsaber (light) doesn't seem to match the angle of his hand/lighsaber base.

This sketch definately looks like it belongs on a cover of a book or something. Great work so far - just refine it a little bit. What I usually do when I'm working on a new painting, is make it my desktop once it's nearly finished. That way I look at it every time I boot up my computer and every time I notice something new I can adjust. Just a thought though.

Isurus
01-04-2005, 05:41 AM
it's pretty cool! i think having the darth vader and the emporer up top together is kinda redundant though. very good likenesses. with more details it will be photorealistic but you are probably going for the poster look.

i think having the emporer do his force lightning would be cool, but maybe it would be cheesy :P

good luck cant wait to see the finished thing!

KangarooMan
01-04-2005, 09:27 PM
Greetings everyone,

Thank you all very much for your very helpful input! I appreciate you taking the time to post your thoughts. LOL, yeah, now that you mention it Luke's lightsaber does look crooked.

Thanks again :)

Ognus
01-06-2005, 12:14 AM
you and your wife take turns on this?

CGTalk Moderation
01-20-2006, 09:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.