PDA

View Full Version : Sean Bean

Alice
01-03-2005, 05:59 PM
Made a second try at doing the bean some justice
The reference is from the movie Equilibrium (see it! :) ) and I painted it yesterday evning in Photoshop CS.

I took a screencapture, used the pic to plot out the basic features, then tossed the photo but watched the movie as reference.
As its a portrait of a known person I had to pick a referencephoto, not like I know the guy. This apparently however makes the pic not fitted for the gallery. So here it is :)

Any suggestions are most welcome.

http://www.bobified.com/malin/portfolio/illustrationpics/portraits/equ_bean.jpg

simonjaap
01-03-2005, 06:12 PM
It looks rather good, but although i dont know the guy, i dont think his cheek is attached to his neck.. you should make a bigger contrast there. Also his left (for us right) eye seems different (smaller?) from the other eye. Also the nose looks kind of rolled up??

But as i see you made it in one night so its pretty good so far. I'm not sure about the background, it doesnt fit the piece well.

Maybe some more color would do the man good..

Keep workin!

$imon

saltydogdesign
01-03-2005, 06:25 PM
Maybe some more color would do the man good..

Sean is a pale dude.

Looks good. You can definitely tell it's him, though I'm not 100% sure I would have recognized him if his name wasn't the title of the thread. But then, I haven't seen that particular movie. The hairstyle is not one I've seen on him before.

Alice
01-03-2005, 06:36 PM
When I look at it now, the nose looked better before, I'l fix that. Heres some progress pictures:

http://www.bobified.com/malin/wipscans/bean_prog.jpg

Goliath
01-03-2005, 07:09 PM
Hello Alice :)

Love the movie :D
I think you have made him look abit older, he is reaaly slim and powerfull looking in that particular movie, but i see you used refs, so maybe he looks like that :p
i see you tightened his skin on the 3rd picture, looks better,
but i would continue and make the middle of the nose more slim, and remove the hair infront of his ear (even tho he has on you'r still picture) because his hair is filled with hairspray as far as i recall, and it seems you have removed detail from his trenchcoat ?
anyway its really nicely done :thumbsup:

idiot box
01-03-2005, 10:04 PM
Nice, so far I like the the way you did th facial features, only crit is where the cheek connects with the neck, seems like those need to be seperated. Anyways, keep up the good work and i'll check back on it later.

CGTalk Moderation
01-20-2006, 07:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.