PDA

View Full Version : Dive exercise

titaniumdave
01-03-2005, 05:26 PM
I started working on this dive exercise this morning. So far just the first pass done, getting ready to start the second right now. Any comments welcomed.

http://www.animateddave.com/first%20pass.mov

TerianSilva
01-03-2005, 06:46 PM
Dude, you gotta use more FPS. I can not see the details.

saltydogdesign
01-03-2005, 07:30 PM
Dude, you gotta use more FPS. I can not see the details.

Agreed. There's not enough here to make any judgments.

titaniumdave
01-03-2005, 11:05 PM
Thanks for the comments guys. Its fast becuase I always use constant keys to start out with. Since this is action with no dialogue I spaced all of my poses out 5 frames each. Anyways I'd have more to post but for some reason I'm getting a wierd flip, as soon as I figure that out I'll post a updated spline key version. :)

Oh I forgot to mention since its a .mov you can watch it frame by frame to get an idea of where I'm heading.

Bentagon
01-03-2005, 11:15 PM
It's called blocking, fellas. ;) **woops**you replied already

I like it, but I'd like to see more and more extreme movement in the arms. I also feel he should jump a little less far and a little higher. There isn't really a lot yet, so it's a bit too early to give further comments.

- Bentagon

titaniumdave
01-04-2005, 07:04 PM
Thanks for the comments bentagon. Ok heres my second pass. A few inbetweens added and now in spline key. Timeing is still off right now and the curves haven't been touched. Hopefully tonight I'll be able to post my third pass with better timeing, maybe a few more inbetweens, and tweaked curves.

http://www.animateddave.com/second%20pass.mov

saltydogdesign
01-04-2005, 07:21 PM
He gets more air off of the stable platform than the dive platform. He doesn't necessarily need to go higher than the first curve, but he should go higher relative to the first curve, since he gets the added boost from the board.

titaniumdave
01-05-2005, 12:18 AM
Thanks for the input saltydog. I added alittle more height and distance to the second jump. So far I added some more inbetweens and worked on the timing some.

http://www.animateddave.com/third%20pass.mov

F3D
01-05-2005, 10:42 PM
try keeping him in the air alittle before he lands on the board..spacing it out more...right now he floats down onto the board...
dont want him to go alittle more forward on the jump? although I kinda like the way he drops down atm.. :) and maybe to add some more cartoon to it, leave the feet in the air when he drops down, streatchin the legs out a bit, and then they fall down aswell.. :)

its a cool anim :)

OptimusDinkus
01-08-2005, 08:03 PM
well, speaking on physics since were animating forces, not form, the guy would have a big boost of force in the begining, then slowly stay in the air, then fall down quickly, this has to be tweaked for all jumps I think. also might need some more anticipation in the beggining, like him stretching for the dive, and so on. Good stuff so far though

OptimusDinkus
01-08-2005, 08:04 PM
if what Im saying doesnt make sense, try just taking a ball and bouncing it on the ground to see what happens when its at its highest, and then lowest =)

CGTalk Moderation
01-20-2006, 08:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.