PDA

View Full Version : Shape Vs Skeleton

rubery
02-08-2002, 06:46 PM
I am having a real problem in XSI when trying to use shape animation and skeletons. I have finished enveloping the character which is one single mesh for everything. As a test I put him in a pose without keyframing it, then added a shape to the mixer, I am using shape animation for the mouth shapes. Although I have 11 shape in all to use on my character I had only saved 2 of them to the mixer before enveloping the character, they were save as local Relative shapes. The skeleton stayed in the same place but the character mesh broke the envelope and completely took the shape I just added, not good. I have tried it again and got the same results, and each time the mesh takes the new shape on but is not effected by the skeleton even though it still displays the weighing of the points. Also after saving new shapes on the enveloped character they do not display in the mixer folder and I get a "Topography"? warning. Out of all this I have a few questions.

Is there a sequence that I have to follow when using shape and skeletons, e.g. add all the shape to the mixer then envelope the character?

Is there just a simple option I have to turn on to get the skeleton over riding the shape?

When looking in the mixer there is already a shape track loaded. when this is deleted the enveloping goes, is that normal?

Plus this is my first post hope it makes sence.

Cheers..............

dmonk
02-08-2002, 07:42 PM
I think for a shape animation you have to make the shapes in clusters that you set for each part of your mesh.
If you dont make clusters than the mesh will try to go to the saved shape instead of the skeleton.

Maybe?

i'll let one of the more experienced folks answer your question i'm practicing shape animation now as well.

mr-doOo
02-08-2002, 08:21 PM
if you add shapes after enveloping, you have to reorder the operator stack.
for dmonk:when adding shape xsi automatically create a new
cluster, but you can create one and use it for your shapes
if you use the enveloppe cluter for the shapes you will have bad results

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 01:39 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.