PDA

View Full Version : Harryhausen Hosts Films

RobertoOrtiz
01-03-2005, 02:14 PM
Quote:
"Visual-effects master Ray Harryhausen has been tapped by the American Cinematheque to present a lineup of classic double features that exhibit his pioneering effects, according to The Hollywood Reporter. The 85-year-old stop-motion effects veteran will introduce new 35mm prints of 1958's The 7th Voyage of Sinbad and 1960's The 3 Worlds of Gulliver on Jan. 15 at the Egyptian Theatre in Hollywood, Calif., the trade paper reported. "

>>Link<< (http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire2005/index.php?id=30084)

-R

Chewey
01-05-2005, 12:45 PM
Is there any more information on whether those new 35mm prints for 7th Voyage and Gulliver are restorations and if so will there be DVD releases?

kiaran
01-05-2005, 07:21 PM
I would love to see both of those in the theater. My girlfriend recently bought me the 5 disc Ray Harryhausen DVD set. I would highly recommend picking this up if you are at all interested in the roots of creature animation.

Harryhausen's work is still very fun to watch and every bit as engaging as modern monster movies. Really cool :)

bobzilla
01-06-2005, 12:28 AM
I just got the 5 disc set for Christmas, too. I hadn't seen some of those films in years.

I'm also in the middle of reading Ray Harryhausen: An Animated Life. VERY good book. He basically goes through all the movies he's done and goes over how most of the effects were done.

It's still hard to believe one man, working alone, created that stuff.

CGTalk Moderation
01-20-2006, 08:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.