PDA

View Full Version : Light pass script?

Julez4001
09-04-2002, 11:40 PM
I just read the tutorial that Proton just posted today on Light passes and I was wondering if there is something out there that would automatically check out off each light that you mark for render, set a directory, and render each pass. Sounds great for a gui lscript guy. I wish I was he.

Bytehawk
09-05-2002, 12:54 AM
good idea.....

slaffko
09-05-2002, 10:22 AM
-only twst - sorry :)

policarpo
09-06-2002, 04:40 PM
That would be a totally great time saver if you ask me.

i wonder if something like this is doable via LScript.

hrm....I hope someone with some programming talent reads this thread.

:)

NanoGator
09-06-2002, 05:02 PM
I had an idea along the ideas of 'grouping' or 'layering' lights.

One of these days I need to work out how network rendering works and fiddle with that. heh

Julez4001
09-06-2002, 09:00 PM
I need to see how you call up directory stuctures, make dir, clear and load said scenes and render them in batch....or do a swtich between rendering a frame but I think thst diffucult as saved light pass render would work.

Cman
09-07-2002, 02:50 AM
Originally posted by Julez4001
I just read the tutorial that Proton just posted today on Light passes and I was wondering if there is something out there that would automatically check out off each light that you mark for render, set a directory, and render each pass. Sounds great for a gui lscript guy. I wish I was he.

Hello.
Yes, all this is possible via LScript EXCEPT the rendering part, for a couple of reasons. The biggest problem being there's no direct way to make an LScript aware of the rendering process itself. Meaning is it in progress or completed. However, there are a few Batch rendering plugins around now, and there's always screamernet.

In all honesty, I don't believe it would be the most difficult script in the world to write. Of course, having said that, if I try to do it I'll fail miserably! :)
I do believe all the light attributes are exposed to LScript.
The only reason I commented here is so that whomever decides to tackle this problem - do not worry about the batch render part.
Having struggled with it with a few others, I can tell you it's basically impossible.

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 04:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.