PDA

View Full Version : OT:First Animation of the World Found

RobertoOrtiz
01-03-2005, 01:32 AM
Quote:
" An animated piece on an earthen goblet that belongs to 5000 years ago was found in Burnt City in Sistan-Baluchistan province, southeastern Iran.
On this ancient piece that can be called the first animation of the world, the artist has portrayed a goat that jumps toward a tree and eats its leaves"

>>Link<< (http://www.payvand.com/news/04/dec/1249.html)

-R

t-toe
01-03-2005, 06:45 AM
wow, look at the unrealistic movement! where's the secondary motion?

stupidkiwi
01-04-2005, 01:47 AM
I believe it is great work. Considering the materials and the skill base this potter had to build from.

It also goes to show that Disney did not invent animation like many believe. Even American animation was not invented by Disney. Most people don't listen to the qualifiers in a sentence so Disney gets away with making people think they invented animation by claiming repeatedly that they created the first animation with a soundtrack and the first animation with colour. I dispute the claim that they were the first with a soundtrack though. There were many studios experimenting at the time, but even if Disney were the first with a recorded soundtrack they were not the first with a soundtrack as many animations were made for display with a pianist accompanying live.

Dennik
01-04-2005, 02:10 AM
Disney did not invent animation, but he gave life to it.

BTW i wouldn't hire that animator, his goat animation sucks! Even after 5000 years of practice, i still think he would suck. The guy has no talent at all, i'm afraid....

:D

crazy3dman
01-04-2005, 03:14 AM
I wonder if they would spin the goblet around real fast to watch the animation. :)
Pre-dates Gertie the dinosaur by a few years doesn't it?

Dearmad
01-04-2005, 04:06 AM
I jus tlove how the animation is a 9mb download- a 20 second animation on a goblet? How many goblets to make a feature length film?

BillB
01-04-2005, 04:07 AM
I've seen worse demo reels :D

Stahlberg
01-04-2005, 04:12 AM
I wonder if they would spin the goblet around real fast to watch the animation.
The guy who came up with the idea that they could SPIN the goblet, was thanked profusely by hundreds of people, totally exhausted from running in circles around the goblet.

t-toe
01-04-2005, 01:08 PM
yeah, I knew that Disney didn't invent animation... but they were the first to do a feature-length animated film.

alexyork
01-04-2005, 01:45 PM
The guy who came up with the idea that they could SPIN the goblet, was thanked profusely by hundreds of people, totally exhausted from running in circles around the goblet.
Hehe! That itself would make for a very entertaining short.

RealReck
01-04-2005, 09:14 PM
The animation may be 5000 years old, but the video compression seems much older.

Funk Ride
01-04-2005, 09:21 PM
That is utterly amazing; it even pre-dates Sumerian cultures. It's cool that the things that fascinate us today, were also in the minds of our ancestors.

Cheers for bringing this up.

CGTalk Moderation
01-20-2006, 07:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.