PDA

View Full Version : Aged Portrait

Mikier
01-02-2005, 10:31 PM
This is all done in Photoshop....I'm almost finished, but I don't know....there's something wrong with it. Something with the structure of the head. The smears above the head and the remaining pallette on the right side I know about already. I just don't know what's wrong with it.....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v225/Mikier/Portrait--digitalmasteringaged.jpg

saltydogdesign
01-02-2005, 10:53 PM
Looks to me like there are two different perspectives on the head -- we see the eyes from pretty much straight on, but the top of the head we are seeing from a point above her. The net result is that it makes her head look extremely elongated vertically.

Hope that helps.

StylusMonkey
01-03-2005, 01:30 AM
Looks to me like there are two different perspectives on the head -- we see the eyes from pretty much straight on, but the top of the head we are seeing from a point above her. The net result is that it makes her head look extremely elongated vertically.

Hope that helps.
Nailed right on the head.

Mikier
01-03-2005, 05:11 AM
Woah....it's odd what you miss. Alright, I fixed that, but I haven't uploaded the picture yet. Anything else? The shading seems messed up in places, but I couldn't tell you where.

-M

StylusMonkey
01-03-2005, 06:40 AM
Woah....it's odd what you miss. Alright, I fixed that, but I haven't uploaded the picture yet. Anything else? The shading seems messed up in places, but I couldn't tell you where.

-M
A lot of the lines are very needlessly thick - like the shoulder, the face, etc and the nose is far too small, skinny and too defined around the bridge.

captain chapo
01-03-2005, 07:17 AM
she looks malnutritioned...is she supposed to be so skinny? you're not using a refrence right? also her face seems bumby...maybe smooth it out some. good work so far...upload the new image!

i think it would work better/be easier if you concentrated on the portrait and then added to effects to make it looked aged.

Mikier
01-06-2005, 11:24 PM
Well, I have to say that I'm finished now....I gave the picture to her and she was amazed. She loved it, and I guess that's all that matters. I made the final file for the printer, so it would look good on paper, and that file really didn't look right on a computer's monitor---somewhat like a racoon. So, I send you the next to last WIP...the lips are a bit low, and the noise is missing in parts, and there are a few places that needed a little touching up. All problems were fixed on the final. I selected a more muted color scheme. I was very surprised how well it printed.
It may look like a different person now, but I looked at her in reality (couldn't over Christmas vacation), and got her facial features down fairly well. My photo reference really sucked, and I couldn't distinguish her features as they are in reality.
Well, here it is:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v225/Mikier/PortraitEnlongcurenoseaged.jpg

I probably already answered these questions, but yeah, I did have a reference but I painted her mainly (nearly 100%) from memory. Yeah....I guess she does look somewhat malnourished....but not in an unhealthy way, if it is so possible.

Thank you guys so much for your help.....

-M

captain chapo
01-07-2005, 07:33 AM
congrats mate, well done!

CGTalk Moderation
01-20-2006, 07:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.