PDA

View Full Version : First Cg/Tablet Drawing

Reichenau
01-02-2005, 06:13 AM
First full body tablet drawing ive done and cg if you can call that cg :P i like manga tones-black, white and grey. just got a wacom intous3 tablet a couple weeks ago. Anyways C and C needed, I.E. any problems with shading.. and yes i know that there should be more ripples/wrinkling of the fabric between legs.

http://www.picaroni.com/Swordwoman.jpg

fixed link :/

ajay1589
01-02-2005, 03:35 PM
i dont see anything....

EDIT:Ok, now i see the image...for ur first try that is great! Definetly much better than im doing with my stylis right now >_>

resurepus
01-02-2005, 07:04 PM
more wrinkles needed between her boobs - right now it looks as if she had one huge one :)

captain chapo
01-02-2005, 08:40 PM
you should give her some shoes that match the mood of the picture more...maybe some high laced up boots or something...but i like the stance overall, maybe the back leg could be more bent.

atenyotkin
01-03-2005, 12:21 AM
Well, my bigest issue is not the accuracy of the clothing or anatomy, but rather the focus of the sketch. Are you trying to illustrate motion, emotion, or just an outfit design? I can't make out her facial expression very well, and because of that I can't tell if she's going to enjoy a sparring match with a friend or killing for revenge. Her stance is kind of awkward, and even ungraceful for a sword fighter, so it's kind of hard to figure out what she's about to do (or already did perhaps?) Adjust her leg and sword positioning to communicate her stance a bit more clearly.

I do agree about the shoes. The sandals don't really match the outfit in my opinion--they don't look very oriental to me (however I'll be honest I don't know much about asian culture).

As far as shading, I believe her legs may benefit from just a little bit more shadow towards the back instead of just a black outline.

All C&C aside, I think it's a great sketch and with just a bit more attention it could be even better. I really like the sword, it's nice. I also like the simple use of gray shading. It's obviously great for your first wacom sketch! To imporove it a bit, I believe your goal right now should be to focus more on her facial expression and her legs. The clothing should probably be last in this case.

CGTalk Moderation
01-20-2006, 07:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.