PDA

View Full Version : The Xenomorph (Alien Fanart)

StylusMonkey
01-02-2005, 04:30 AM
I did this a while ago, but decided to update the coloring I had on it.

Pencil on paper composition, colored in photoshop.

http://www.users.on.net/~bobbyeow/Art/Alien_Coloured.jpg

Deux
01-02-2005, 05:41 AM
That is very good, did you use a reference, or was that straight out your head ? Amazing stuff.

StylusMonkey
01-02-2005, 09:24 AM
Thanks, no references, I know the character design of Giger's alien inside out pretty much.

BeatKitano
01-02-2005, 12:36 PM
Thanks, no references, I know the character design of Giger's alien inside out pretty much.
Do you have interest in Giger's work ?
You did a great job with this one. I really like the design of these creatures and i think you did justice to them. One crit thought: the leg are to small to support the weight of his body.

This also a strong point in Giger's design: aliens are realistic.

4/5 !

StylusMonkey
01-02-2005, 12:43 PM
Do you have interest in Giger's work ?
You did a great job with this one. I really like the design of these creatures and i think you did justice to them. One crit thought: the leg are to small to support the weight of his body.

This also a strong point in Giger's design: aliens are realistic.

4/5 !
Yeah, the hind legs are not correct, I'm also not a big fan of the tail and the feet are all screwed up, but I did this particular sketch about 6 years ago now (Time FLIES!!!), but I've always been fond if it, imperfections and all...also besides that, I can't find the original on paper :(

I decided to just take an old piece of work and sharpen up the coloring with the skills I've acquired over the past year and a bit, to give it a bit more life.

I'm a big fan of Giger's work, and he was the first to show me that art does not have to be beautiful to be beautiful, I'm as influenced by him as he was by Dali, although I do not generally have a similar style to his, nor his to Dali's.

Below is the original sketch that I painted over:

http://www.users.on.net/~bobbyeow/Art/Alien_Scan_Image.gif

BeatKitano
01-02-2005, 06:55 PM
I'm a big fan of Giger's work, and he was the first to show me that art does not have to be beautiful to be beautiful, I'm as influenced by him as he was by Dali, although I do not generally have a similar style to his, nor his to Dali's.

Below is the original sketch that I painted over:

http://www.users.on.net/%7Ebobbyeow/Art/Alien_Scan_Image.gif
Wow ! Your original sketch is old but not more than excellent !!!
You've put details where needed and not where it could have been unnecessary !
By the way I like your coloured version but I think you should have let more details appear. The black should have been balanced with some higlights !
I mean, Aliens have silicon skins so why not think of this material like plastic with light ?
Like Giger (you seem to like his work, so I like you too but thats not the matter ! :applause: ) you should try to use some light colours to show the "glossiness" (does this word exist ? :D) of theses creatures.

And I agree with the ugly side of Giger's work but his strange beauty ;)

Love your work anyway

P.S: What's with this assho** thing ? :eek::)

Sorry me bad with English :scream:

StylusMonkey
01-02-2005, 09:31 PM
P.S: What's with this assho** thing ? :eek::)

Sorry me bad with English :scream:
Your english is fine, and thanks.

Hey they need to poop sometimes right?...I think:thumbsup:

CGTalk Moderation
01-20-2006, 07:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.