PDA

View Full Version : Sunrise in sea

simonjaap
01-01-2005, 08:43 PM
Title: Sunrise in sea
Artist: $imon
Programs: Photoshop 6

Well, i usually dont draw much, i do more 3d. But i wanted to make this sea but it doesnt feel good. can you give me critics?

ajay1589
01-01-2005, 11:46 PM
its too blurry at the moment...the color choice is right on though...keep on working at it with crisper lines(less bluring) and i think it will do really good

pangu
01-03-2005, 11:56 AM
not bad, but i would connect (blur,..?) the sky and the water more..

simonjaap
01-03-2005, 04:54 PM
its too blurry at the moment...the color choice is right on though...keep on working at it with crisper lines(less bluring) and i think it will do really good
tnx, but do you mean with the sharpen tool? because when I do that the colors change too, they get more bright so i have to blur to get them better. Or did you have something else in mind?

pangu - Tnx, I'll try that!

Swoop
01-03-2005, 05:27 PM
Well i agree with the fact it's too blurry.
Sharpen doesnt mean use the "sharpen" tool.
Sharpen means try painting without using the feathered edge brush, but a brush with a hard edge instead. Also try avoiding blending eveything into each other... blending is good where 2 colors are supposed to fade into each other, but if you take a look at the real world, there are just as many hard edges between colors, as blended places :D

Keep working on it :D

simonjaap
01-03-2005, 05:54 PM
Tnx Swoop, ive done as you said and here's the result:

http://home.hetnet.nl/%7Edezefamilie/3d/zee2%20copy.jpg

If it still is a bit blurred i think it's because i resized it after i painted from 1024 to 640.

The image is a bit too empty, maybe it needs some clouds or something. If anyone knows a good method for clouds please share it :) But untill then i will try myself

$imon

Swoop
01-03-2005, 06:37 PM
Well i do some clouds in my speedpainting tutorials, which you can find on my website, www.reflection-design.dk. Hope you can find some tips there perhaps.. othervise there are lots of cloud tutorials out there :D

CGTalk Moderation
01-20-2006, 07:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.