PDA

View Full Version : Owl character

PixelPlay
01-01-2005, 11:41 AM
This started as a sketch in the demo version of Painter IX. I am not very happy with how this image is turning out it but I am learning a lot about Painter as I work on this.

http://bellsouthpwp.net/n/a/natzke/owl2.jpg

I notice that this image is much lighter than it appeared in Painter. In Painter the little branch fades into the background at the bottom of the image which is nearly black.

StylusMonkey
01-01-2005, 01:36 PM
Heh, I quite like this piece, maybe not so much the color selection, but for your first painter job its nice.

As for the difference in colors, did you make sure you saved the image as a RGB file and not as CMYK? CYMK has a narrower gamut range than RGB, thus the colors become more muted and dull when converted. Typically, we work onscreen in RGB, CMYK is for print.

- m

PixelPlay
01-01-2005, 06:29 PM
Not first for Painter exactly. I have version 4 from way back in Fractal Design days when Painter came on floppies in a paint can. Thanks for the comments.

ajay1589
01-01-2005, 06:48 PM
you did a great job on the feathers...i dont know why you should be dissapointed...it can definetly be a great piece

CGTalk Moderation
01-20-2006, 08:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.