PDA

View Full Version : Camera Tracking Bryce to Lightwave

Jonathan
09-04-2002, 04:17 PM
Here is my dilema,

-I created a landscape in Bryce 5,

-I saved the rendered image and backdroped it into Lightwave7 layout

-I exported my landscape as a (.lws) so that they remain positioned and put those into lightwave using a front projection map of the first rendered image in backdrop for shadows.

Here is the problem. Bryce lws don't export the camera so I have to tediously position the camera so that the objects imported are matching the background.

Is there a way to export that Bryce camera to Lightwave. I tried pathing and it doesn't work. Bryce's x,y,z rotation is not the same as lightwave's HPB. OH crap nevermind, I just had an eppiphany while I was typing.

Use a rendundant object in Bryce and position it where the camera is and export it then once load object from scene in lightwave and parent and reset the camera to the sphere's position. Damn you guys are smart. You helped me solve the problem without a word. THANX!

CIM
09-04-2002, 06:27 PM
Why in the hell would you do anything in Bryce when you have Lightwave? You know you have about a zillion ways to create great terrain in LW (scult with morphs, paint/procedural displacement maps, etc.). I suggest just doing all your work right in LW. It might take a few minutes to do, but the effort is well worth it.

As for your image: simply open a 2d plane, add your image using Front Projection and manually tweak the xyz values to get the proper alignment.

Jonathan
09-04-2002, 06:41 PM
Heyas CIM. Nice to hear from ya. Well it's me Teph as you probably already know. I bought Bryce because it was quick/cheap and when you are doing your own projects, it takes time to model everything so I bought bryce to do quick landscapes. Works like a charm too. Surely I could us subdivided flat polys with displacement maps then I have to texture it which would not be hard with a procedural and I could also go into photoshop and create my own BW displacements. Yep I do terrain in Lightwave an it is easy but then I have add trees, and model those too sky, clouds with volumetrics or the sky tracer, etc..... well you can see where I am going with this. Bryce is good for backdrops and landscape and I find doing this in Bryce is much faster than doing so in Lightwave which mean for a single person such as myself working on his own, quicker turn-around. You're right though, Lightwave can do it, but it's not the most efficient way to do it.

Per-Anders
09-04-2002, 08:29 PM
well i'm not sure if this is posible, but you could export a path to bryce for the camera to use and a target path (i don't know if bryce will accept this or not, it may just see it as a mesh) but that might be a workaround.

Eugeny
09-04-2002, 09:03 PM
Use a rendundant object in Bryce and position it where the camera is and export it then once load object from scene in lightwave and parent and reset the camera to the sphere's position. Damn you guys are smart. You helped me solve the problem without a word. THANX!
No problem :thumbsup:

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 04:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.